Camp Two Stew

  • CaptMidnight1943
    Message 1 of 3003 , Sep 1, 2000
      this can be cooked in a camp style Dutch oven or
      over a camp fire or stove.<br><br> 2 lbs beef stew
      about 2 cups, maybe more<br><br> brown meat in Dutch
      oven, add bay leaves and enough water to cover-simmer
      till meat is almost tender -you can simmer on top
      also<br> add 2 cans 8 0z each tomato sauce and add water
      till stew is covered add a good shake of garlic<br>
      salt,seasoned salt and black pepper-bring to boil then simmer
      till vegies tender.<br><br> mix about 3 tbl corn
      starch with a little water-add this to simmering stew
      and cook about 5 min to<br> thicken it
      up.<br><br>Serve-this goes real good with cap's Camp Beer Bread-see
      early post in this club.<br><br>Da cap'n
    • mississippi_biscuit
      Message 3003 of 3003 , Feb 7 3:30 PM