National Cornbread Festival - April 28-29

  • Mark Hengstebeck
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2007
      Hi All,
      Well, it's almost time again - anyone going to the Cornbread festival
      this year?

      My wife and I are going, we have relatives in Lebanon (near
      Nashville). It looks like a mini-family reunion for us - we have
      relatives coming in from Texas, Michigan, Florida - and we're coming
      in from Canada. I hope to get to the festival early in the day on
      Saturday, you can't get near "Cornbread Alley" otherwise. I've been
      to the festival before, and there are hundreds of people waiting to
      sample different cornbreads!!

      The Lodge factory tour is interesting, and I'm sure I'll drive home
      with many extra pounds of cast iron to "help" with gas mileage.

      Good food at the festival too - "Chicken on a stick", a local favorite
      (so good). Also, there has been a gentleman from Louisiana with a
      stand - selling Jambalaya and "red beans and rice" - excellent fare!!

      I know we'll have a great time!!

      It's all about Family/friends, Cast Iron and good food.

      Hope to see some of the group there!!

      Best regards,
      brdutchman