RE: [Dutch Oven Cooking] Re: OT, Need suggestions for music

  • Lynn LeSueur
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 3, 2007
      That would be Proud Mary

      Left a good job in the city,
      Working for The Man every night and day,
      And I never lost one minute of sleeping,
      Worrying 'bout the way things might have been.
      CHORUS:

      Big wheel keep on turning,
      Proud Mary keep on burning,
      Rolling, rolling, rolling on the river.

      Cleaned a lot of plates in Memphis,
      Pumped a lot of pain down in New Orleans,
      But I never saw the good side of the city,
      Until I hitched a ride on a river boat queen.

      CHORUS

      Rolling, rolling, rolling on the river.
      If you come down to the river,
      Bet you gonna find some people who live.
      You don't have to worry 'cause you have no money,
      People on the river are happy to give.

      CHORUS

      _____

      From: Ronda
      Date: 3/2/2007 7:44:41 PM
      To: dutchovencooking@ <mailto:dutchovencooking%40yahoogroups.com>
      yahoogroups.com

      Credence Clearwater sang that song about rollin on the river - can't
      remember the lyrics though. Ronda

      --- In dutchovencooking@ <mailto:dutchovencooking%40yahoogroups.com>
      yahoogroups.com, "SamandHeidi"
      <samandheidi@...> wrote:

      > Hi, My brother and I are putting togethr a DVD of Pictures of my
      Horse back
      > rides in the Sierras. And one of the chapters is all about riding
      thru
      > creeks and rivers. And water. He came up with one song, about
      Crossing
      > that muddy river, and getting our feet wet darlin......... Etc...
      A country

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 3, 2007
        Somebody has been listening to WAY TOO MUCH Ike and Tina!

        <samandheidi@...> wrote:

        > Hi, My brother and I are putting togethr a DVD of Pictures of my
        Horse back
        > rides in the Sierras. And one of the chapters is all about riding
        thru
        > creeks and rivers. And water. He came up with one song, about
        Crossing
        > that muddy river, and getting our feet wet darlin......... Etc...
        A country
        > song........ I don't like it...... And I am having a heck of a
        time coming
        > up with a country song or blue grass, that would go with that
        couple minute
        > chapter....... Do any of you have anything that comes to mind,
        it can even
        > be rock I guess.
        > I just can't find anything fitting. Any suggestions would be
        helpful.
        > Thanks so much.
        > Heidi

        Then click on "Leave Group".
        Yahoo! Groups Links

        4:19 PM
      • Ronda
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 3, 2007
          Ok I'm confused - this was Credence Clearwater - what do Ike & Tina
          have to do with that? Am I having a blonde moment? Ronda

          --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Randy Hebert"
          <RandyHebert@...> wrote:

          > Somebody has been listening to WAY TOO MUCH Ike and Tina!

          3/2/2007
          > 4:19 PM
          >

          > --
          3/2/2007

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 4, 2007
            Woops! I JUST remembered CCR wrote Proud Mary...
            But it was Tina Turner that took it to the next level!

            I hate CRS(Can't Remember Stuff)!

            My Bad...

            Bear

            <RandyHebert@...> wrote:

            > Somebody has been listening to WAY TOO MUCH Ike and Tina!

            3/2/2007
            > 4:19 PM
            >

            > --
            3/2/2007
            > 4:19 PM

            Then click on "Leave Group".
            Yahoo! Groups Links

            8:12 AM
          • Ronda
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 4, 2007
              You're right Randy - I remember Tina's version of that also (now
              that you reminded me). I suffer from CRS also.. LOL Ronda

              <RandyHebert@...> wrote:

              > Woops! I JUST remembered CCR wrote Proud Mary...
              > But it was Tina Turner that took it to the next level!
              >
              > I hate CRS(Can't Remember Stuff)!
              >
              > My Bad...
              >
              > Bear

              3/2/2007
              > 4:19 PM
              >

              > --
              3/3/2007
              > 8:12 AM

            • SamandHeidi
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 4, 2007
                Ronda and all, One of my girlfriends suggested using soundtracks from
                movies. Well Duh........ How about the music from the Man from Snowy river
                movies........ So were working on that now........ There is some beautiful
                music in there.
                Hyd

                <RandyHebert@...> wrote:

                > Woops! I JUST remembered CCR wrote Proud Mary...
                > But it was Tina Turner that took it to the next level!
                >
                > I hate CRS(Can't Remember Stuff)!
                >
                > My Bad...
                >
                > Bear

                3/2/2007
                > 4:19 PM
                >

                > --
                3/3/2007
                > 8:12 AM

              • Ronda
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 4, 2007
                  Hyd - I hadn't thought of that - it was an awesome movie, and music
                  too! Doug said he never heard of it - guess I'll go have to rent
                  the video - and the sequel. Ronda

                  --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "SamandHeidi"

                  Date:

                  Date:
                  > > 3/2/2007
                  > > > 4:19 PM
                  > > >

                  > > To unsubscribe from this group,
                  > > click on "Edit My Membership" at the top right of the Group main
                  > page.
                  > > Then click on "Leave Group".
                  > > Yahoo! Groups Links
                  > >

                  > > --
                  > 3/2/2007
                  > > 4:19 PM
                  > >

                  > > --
                  > 3/3/2007
                  > > 8:12 AM

                • SamandHeidi
                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 4, 2007
                    Ronda, yeah, Dougs gotta watch those movies........ They are my favorites
                    besides Lonesome Dove. That would be some other nice music too.
                    Hyd

                    Date:

                    Date: