Re: [Dutch Oven Cooking] Lodge 12"D plain or Lewis & Clark?

  • Ronda
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2, 2007
      I think too that the deeper ovens are more versatile. I know we use
      our 12" deeps and the 10" deep a lot more often than any of the
      other ovens, even though it's just the 2 of us. The regulars are
      nice for baking though. Ronda

      --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, les paul
      <doublenickle552000@...> wrote:

      > Hey Jim! I have found the deep versions to be more useful than the
      standard sizes. That extra bit of room comes in handy at times, I
      don't have as much of a time with things getting stuck to the lid!
      As far as the extra cost for the Lewis & Clark ovens....they are a
      limited production series, I don't have a problem spending the extra
      cash to own a piece of history! Hope that helps!

    • awcreative@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2007
        In a message dated 2/2/2007 10:29:16 PM Central Standard Time,
        rlb_51@... writes:
        I think too that the deeper ovens are more versatile. I know we use
        our 12" deeps and the 10" deep a lot more often than any of the
        other ovens, even though it's just the 2 of us.

        Hey Lil Sis,

        I almost always goto my Century 10 or 12 when I start to cook. These are my
        goto pots most of the time cuz I guess they are the pots that have been with
        me the longest. When there is just Ouida and I, I most likely will goto the
        shallow 8 or 10.

        BigAl