Re: [Dutch Oven Cooking] National DOG Guest 2007

  • BISCUIT
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 3, 2007
      Hey Neghbor!

      One of members did the web site and is our web master. I don't
      really know, but will pass it along to him.

      I did not like the Flapper thing. Yes I like the map. But flapper
      kept on sending me spam all year long. I don't even like to eat SPAM
      either.

      We have a DATABASE Link to the left. There is a spot to log in on
      who is coming. I think we are up to 23 on the list.

      --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Leon Perkins <l599336@...>
      wrote:

      > Hey Biscuit, Would it be possible to add a
      http://www.frappr.com/ map to the website like the one Cindy had
      last year so we can see who will be coming and from where? The site
      is looking good.

      > DOC Perkins
      >
      > Western New York Dutch Oven Society

    • JG Watts
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 4, 2007
        Biscuit, you're not fixing that SPAM right! You're supposed to slice it thin, put it in either the D.O. or a baking pan, SMOTHER it with either ketsup or BBQ sauce & heat it through. That's about the only way to kill the taste enough to eat it.

        I checked to see how long it will take us to drive to the National DOG & we'd be on the road a minimum of 13 hours each way. I'm still trying to talk Rick into going though. Who knows?

        Jean

        In GOD We Trust

        http://360.yahoo.com/jgwatts

      • Ronda
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 4, 2007
          Keep working on him Jean! We're 525 miles from the Natl DOG, but
          we're taking a long weekend & coming down, pulling the camper too!
          Getting there won't be too bad, but we'll have to leave early Sun.
          morning and really haul it to get back so Doug can go to work on
          Monday morning. You can do it! Ronda (and ps - I hate Spam - even
          with BBQ sauce!)

          --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, JG Watts <JGWatts@...>
          wrote:

          > Biscuit, you're not fixing that SPAM right! You're supposed to
          slice it thin, put it in either the D.O. or a baking pan, SMOTHER it
          with either ketsup or BBQ sauce & heat it through. That's about the
          only way to kill the taste enough to eat it.

          > I checked to see how long it will take us to drive to the
          National DOG & we'd be on the road a minimum of 13 hours each way.
          I'm still trying to talk Rick into going though. Who knows?

          > Jean
          >

          > In GOD We Trust
          >
          > http://360.yahoo.com/jgwatts

        • Jean
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 5, 2007
            We'd be pulling ours too. I forget how many miles it was, but I did
            notice that it was over 13 hrs drive time. So add an hour or so with
            the camper, because I won't try to keep up with all the speed freaks.
            We'd have to leave early Sunday as well, both of us have to work on
            Monday.

            We don't eat Spam often ourselves, but it is in the camper, just in
            case the men don't catch any fish to eat. LOL

            Jean