IDOS, Region 2 DOG in planning stages. (California Hawaii and Nevada)

  • Brenda Wildish
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2007
      As the region 2 representative, I am trying to put together a DOG for
      those in region 2 (Hawaii, California and Nevada) and any others who
      would like to attend. The event would be held the weekend of August
      24 - 26 with the actual DOG being held on August 25th.

      The site would be Kenney Grove in Ventura County, California.

      The cost would be approx. $25.00 per night for camping in an RV,
      $22.00 for a tent and $22.00 for day use. There are hookups.

      I will need to know by this Sunday, January 7th, if you would be
      interested in attending, as a deposit is required to hold the site.

      Please email me off site at Dutchovengal@... with your input or
      any additional questions.

      Brenda Wildish
      Region 2 Representative
      International Dutch Oven Society
    • Bill Lunt
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2007
        Brenda

        Kenney Grove is a good choice. The summer temperature is moderate.
        The park also has more trees and fewer people than coastal sites.
        The location off SR126 is halfway between US101 and I-5. For
        supplies, Fillmore has a large Von's grocery store, a Rite-Aid
        drugstore, and motor fuel at reasonable prices.

        We'll be there. This DOG would have priority over anything else on
        our schedule for that weekend.

        --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Brenda Wildish"