[DUTCH OVEN COOKING] Re: baby dutch

  • ramona390
    Message 1 of 25 , Jun 6, 2002
      Maybe I'm destined not to have one....I called 6 of their stores and
      no luck! Someone suggested pans.com but at $40 I am hesitating.
      Ramona

      http://www.GanderMountain.com
      > I'm not sure if they have any in your area - They may be able to
      > ship. Again, I'm not sure, but they do have a large selection
      of
      > camp cooking misc. in their stores if you're able to get to one.
      > > Good luck!
      > > bb

    • jguyfos
      Message 2 of 25 , Jun 6, 2002
        --- In dutchovencooking@y..., "ramona390" <ramona390@y...> wrote:
        > Maybe I'm destined not to have one....I called 6 of their stores and
        > no luck! Someone suggested pans.com but at $40 I am hesitating.
        > Ramona

        I looked at pans.com and I doubt they were offering the 5" baby dutch.
        It looked like the 8" was the smallest they had. Our sporting goods
        store has 12's on sale for $29 (Lodge) so it's hard to pay $40 for the
        baby!
        -John
      • Brian Nielson
        Message 3 of 25 , Jun 6, 2002
          John,

          Which store is that? Sounds like I might be able to add another 12" or 2 to
          the collection.

          Brian

          > Maybe I'm destined not to have one....I called 6 of their stores and
          > no luck! Someone suggested pans.com but at $40 I am hesitating.
          > Ramona

          I looked at pans.com and I doubt they were offering the 5" baby dutch.
          It looked like the 8" was the smallest they had. Our sporting goods
          store has 12's on sale for $29 (Lodge) so it's hard to pay $40 for the
          baby!
          -John

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=213858.2097561.3556641.1829184/D=egroupweb/S=1707
          744224:HM/A=763352/R=0/*http://www.classmates.com/index.tf?s=5085>

          <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=213858.2097561.3556641.1829184/D=egrou
          pmail/S=1707744224:HM/A=763352/rand=435805137>

          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
        • ez2endo@aol.com
          Message 4 of 25 , Jun 6, 2002
            In a message dated 6/6/2002 9:00:30 AM Central Daylight Time,
            ramona390@... writes:

            > Maybe I'm destined not to have one....I called 6 of their stores and
            > no luck! Someone suggested pans.com but at $40 I am hesitating.

            NO NO! Try the IFA in Vegas that was list here earlier. I talked to a sales
            girl who told me they were sold out, but she would ask the mgr. He just
            returned my call the other day and took my order. He said he could get more!
            $19.95 + sh

            Chet \\\ot0
            <A HREF="http://www.justxr.com/ez2endo/">Ez2endo's World</A>

          • L M
            Message 5 of 25 , Jun 6, 2002
              Hi Ramona!
              I'm not familiar with pans.com, but $40.00 is waaaay to much to pay for a small d.o. like that...even with the shipping.
              Will keep an eye open for you...and will let you know when/if I see one.
              Good luck!
              Linda/bb

              Maybe I'm destined not to have one....I called 6 of their stores and
              no luck! Someone suggested pans.com but at $40 I am hesitating.
              Ramona

              --- In dutchovencooking@y..., "ramona390" <ramona390@y...> wrote:
              > Think I've heard of 'em. None in our area, but I'm checkin out the
              > website!
              > Thanks,
              > Ramona
              >
              > --- In dutchovencooking@y..., "L M" <bbcakes1a@h...> wrote:
              > > I'm sorry Ramona - I should have given you the website
              for
              > Gander Mountain in my post.
              http://www.GanderMountain.com
              > I'm not sure if they have any in your area - They may be able to
              > ship. Again, I'm not sure, but they do have a large selection
              of
              > camp cooking misc. in their stores if you're able to get to one.
              > > Good luck!
              > > bb

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            • steve
              Message 6 of 25 , Oct 18, 2003
                Hey Jeep,
                look on ebay they go for about 70 bucks now I got one of the
                last two in utah almost two years ago for 19.95 sure wish I had
                bought both good luck wt
              • jc_carlyle
                Message 7 of 25 , Oct 19, 2003
                  Sorry - this doesn't have anything to do with finding the 5" dutch
                  oven, it is a continuation of what to cook in it. My preference is
                  to make a half recipe of my favorite meat loaf and then serve it in
                  5" ovens. Eat it right out of the oven. Great, unique, and fun.

                  Carlyle

                  --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "steve" <wild_turkey76@h...>
                  wrote:

                  > Hey Jeep,
                  > look on ebay they go for about 70 bucks now I got one of the
                  > last two in utah almost two years ago for 19.95 sure wish I had
                  > bought both good luck wt
                • "BISCUIT"
                  Message 8 of 25 , Oct 20, 2003
                    How many coals do you use? How long do you cook it?

                    --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, jc_carlyle <no_reply@y...>
                    wrote:
                    > Sorry - this doesn't have anything to do with finding the 5" dutch
                    > oven, it is a continuation of what to cook in it. My preference is
                    > to make a half recipe of my favorite meat loaf and then serve it in
                    > 5" ovens. Eat it right out of the oven. Great, unique, and fun.
                    >
                    > Carlyle
                    >
                    > --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "steve"
                    <wild_turkey76@h...>
                    > wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Hey Jeep,
                    > > look on ebay they go for about 70 bucks now I got one of the
                    > > last two in utah almost two years ago for 19.95 sure wish I had
                    > > bought both good luck wt
                  • jc_carlyle
                    Message 9 of 25 , Oct 20, 2003
                      I fill the outside of the lid with coals and put 3 underneath. Be
                      sure and check every once in a while to make sure it isn't cooking
                      too fast. If it is, remove some of the coals.

                      It takes about as long as a regular size meatloaf. about 45 minutes
                      to an hour.

                      Enjoy.

                      PS - I'm really not a coal counter. Usually I just ring the lid with
                      coals and and do the same on the bottom. Then I disperse the coals
                      in a checkerboard fashion, uness I am baking bread goods.

                      Carlyle

                      --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "\"BISCUIT\"" <n5hbb@y...>