Spider Cast Iron

  • SamandHeidi
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 31, 2006
      Who mfg the Spider cast iron cookware? Was it Griswold or Wagner? Or
      someone else????????

      Heidi
      aka "Hyd"

      President of, GOLD COUNTRY HORSEMEN'S ASSOCIATION
      www.goldcountryhorsemens.com

      www.samberriracing.com

    • Gary
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1, 2006
        Hi Hyd!!!

        Griswold is your answer and you can find out more info here:

        http://www.griswoldcookware.com/undersatnding_griswold.htm

        Gary
        Central California Dutch Oven Adventures
      • ov40pirate
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 1, 2006
          Griswold made skillets with the spider logo, but spider also refers to
          a type of skillet that has 3 long legs like a camp dutch oven with a
          long handle. They are good for cooking over camp fire coals.

          --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "SamandHeidi"
          <samandheidi@...> wrote:

          > Who mfg the Spider cast iron cookware? Was it Griswold or Wagner? Or
          > someone else????????
          >
          > Heidi
          > aka "Hyd"
          >
          > President of, GOLD COUNTRY HORSEMEN'S ASSOCIATION
          > www.goldcountryhorsemens.com
          >

          > www.samberriracing.com

        • Richard Pennington
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 1, 2006
            I have three weeks until a scout campout. It will involve what is projected
            to be at least 40 boys, and 20 adults. There may be more. I have and one
            other leader has a 12 inch camp DO. I can get access to 5-6 more. I am
            planning on grilling leg quarters. I want to add backed beans, and corn
            bread to the menu. Any suggestions on other items to have? This will be a
            lunch. I need recipes to make cornbread and the beans. Remember I am
            cooking for 60 people. I will be willing to start soaking the beans the
            night before. Thanks for all the help.

            Richard

            East Texas

          • Whitney Donohue
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 2, 2006
              Dr. Pepper Baked Beans

              1 28 ounce can pork and beans
              1 onion, chopped fine
              1 green pepper, chopped fine
              1 tomato, chopped fine
              1/2 cup dark brown sugar
              1/3 cup Dr. Pepper
              1/8 teaspoon ground cloves

              Preheat oven to 350F. Drain liquid from pork and beans. Pour into a baking
              dish. Gently mix in onion, pepper and tomato. Combine sugar, Dr. Pepper and
              cloves until sugar is dissolved. Pour evenly over bean mixture. Bake,
              covered, 30 minutes. Serves 4 to 6.

              Somewhere I have this recipe adapted to the Dutch Oven. This is always a
              huge hit at our scout campouts! I doubled this and it was plenty for about
              15 (with other sides, though). I suspect if you 4x it or 5x it, you should
              be fine. Can someone help with the DO conversion?

              Whitney

              I have three weeks until a scout campout. It will involve what is projected
              to be at least 40 boys, and 20 adults. There may be more. I have and one
              other leader has a 12 inch camp DO. I can get access to 5-6 more. I am
              planning on grilling leg quarters. I want to add backed beans, and corn
              bread to the menu. Any suggestions on other items to have? This will be a
              lunch. I need recipes to make cornbread and the beans. Remember I am
              cooking for 60 people. I will be willing to start soaking the beans the
              night before. Thanks for all the help.

              Richard

              East Texas

              Then click on "Leave Group".
              Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Dale Beam
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 4, 2006
                Richard,
                Check out our web page at seattledutchovenguys.com and the recipe
                section. The Dutch oven baked beans are easy to prepare and do very
                well at high altitude and serves about 40. The recipe is easily
                doubled. Regarading the corn bread, I prefer to make life easy and
                use Krusties Corn Bread and just add water. For a little different
                treat, try adding Orange Juice.

                Regards,
                Dale
                One of the Seattle Dutch Oven Guys