Re: [Dutch Oven Cooking] Re: Newbie to the world of Dutch Oven cooking

  • Walter Cornell
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 4, 2006
      On Monday, July 3, 2006, at 09:43 PM, Terry D wrote:

      > tell us about yourself.... I am a happily married woman and mother
      > that lives in the beautiful mountains of North Georgia. I have always
      > loved to cook and have used cast iron cookware for many years but have
      > never gotten into the Dutch Oven cooking. While camping recently, a
      > friend pulled out her oven and prepared a wonderful Apple Crisp using
      > charcoals to cook it. It was so good. I was hooked at that moment. I
      > am excited about learning all I can. From watching my friend prepare
      > her Apple Crisp I have already learned a bit about the differences in
      > DO's. All having a purpose whether tall or short, etc. I have to begin
      > a collection of Dutch Oven's and have been looking all over the
      > internet to compare prices. My mother is giving me a very old DO she
      > has had for many years but never used. It was given to her by her mom
      > who did actually use it in her younger days. Great eh? A little
      > sandpaper and cleaning and it will be as good as new. I really am
      > excited about
      > having found this group. Since my knowledge is so limited I don't know
      > how much I can offer all of you at this time but I will be here
      > lurking about and soaking up all the information I can. Thank you
      > again for having me.
      >
      > Peaches649 a/k/a Terry

      Hi Terry,
      Great bunch here, lots of teriffic recipes too. Sandpaper?, wire bush?,
      last resort. you might try some of the concoctions of vinegar &
      Coca-Cola first, then maybe a Scotch Brite scrubbie. Good luck with
      your grandmother's DO. I'm doing a big pot roast this afternoon ...

      Walt Cornell
      waltcornell@...
      archer92284@...
      http://MySpace.com/walt_cornell

      "Some mistakes are too fun to only make once."