Re: [Dutch Oven Cooking] Live from Tyler State Park

  • BSAT80ASM@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 30, 2006

      Can you pass out this recipe for me. I wish I was there.

      Ken
      The Other Ken

      Standard Double Chocolate cake mix. (Sam's or Costco)
      1 small bag kisses - the new one with a hard shell like the M&M's
      1 package of caramel apple coating The flat type.
      powered sugar in a dusting container
      1 lace Doily or paper cut into scouting symbol
      Using Cake mix as per directions. Then split into 2 bowels.
      Mix 1/2 kisses into each bowl
      Put one bowl of mix into greased DO
      Place one sheet of caramel apple coating on top of mix in DO
      Cover with second bowl of mix
      Dust with powered sugar - use a heavy coat.
      Cook in DO
      Let cool until DO can be held in hands.
      Use a knife around the sides then turn onto lid or plate.
      place doily on top of cake
      Dust with powered sugar
      Remove doily and serve

    • Ken Brown
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 30, 2006
        I am slowly entering the world of technology. This is the first time
        I have taken my laptop with me. However, no printer.

        Ken

        --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, BSAT80ASM@... wrote:

        > Ken
        >
        > Can you pass out this recipe for me. I wish I was there.
        >
        > Ken
        > The Other Ken
        >

        > Standard Double Chocolate cake mix. (Sam's or Costco)
        > 1 small bag kisses - the new one with a hard shell like the M&M's
        > 1 package of caramel apple coating The flat type.
        > powered sugar in a dusting container
        > 1 lace Doily or paper cut into scouting symbol
        > Using Cake mix as per directions. Then split into 2 bowels.
        > Mix 1/2 kisses into each bowl
        > Put one bowl of mix into greased DO
        > Place one sheet of caramel apple coating on top of mix in DO
        > Cover with second bowl of mix
        > Dust with powered sugar - use a heavy coat.
        > Cook in DO
        > Let cool until DO can be held in hands.
        > Use a knife around the sides then turn onto lid or plate.
        > place doily on top of cake
        > Dust with powered sugar
        > Remove doily and serve

      • Fran L-G
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 30, 2006
          Hey Ken --

          Live?! What, do you have wifi in the state park campground?
          Love that internet access on the road :-)

          Fran L-G
          Cleveland OH

          --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Brown"
          <savage99_250@...> wrote:

          > I am slowly entering the world of technology. This is the first time
          > I have taken my laptop with me. However, no printer.
          >
          > Ken
        • binky16_80
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 1 8:14 AM
            Ken:
            As I posted earlier, I am new to the whole dutch oven cooking thing.
            I am hooked though. Anywho, just wondering as I am from the Central
            Texas area as well ... is the Tyler State Park thing a scout thing
            or a DOG? Can anyone just come out and observe maybe?
            ~Vickie

            <savage99_250@...> wrote:

            > I am slowly entering the world of technology. This is the first
            time
            > I have taken my laptop with me. However, no printer.
            >
            > Ken
            >

            > --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, BSAT80ASM@ wrote:
            > >
            > > Ken
            > >
            > > Can you pass out this recipe for me. I wish I was there.
            > >
            > > Ken
            > > The Other Ken
            > >

            > > Standard Double Chocolate cake mix. (Sam's or Costco)
            > > 1 small bag kisses - the new one with a hard shell like the
            M&M's
            > > 1 package of caramel apple coating The flat type.
            > > powered sugar in a dusting container
            > > 1 lace Doily or paper cut into scouting symbol
            > > Using Cake mix as per directions. Then split into 2 bowels.
            > > Mix 1/2 kisses into each bowl
            > > Put one bowl of mix into greased DO
            > > Place one sheet of caramel apple coating on top of mix in DO
            > > Cover with second bowl of mix
            > > Dust with powered sugar - use a heavy coat.
            > > Cook in DO
            > > Let cool until DO can be held in hands.
            > > Use a knife around the sides then turn onto lid or plate.
            > > place doily on top of cake
            > > Dust with powered sugar
            > > Remove doily and serve

          • Ken Brown
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 1 6:51 PM
              Hi, Fran.
              Actually I waited until I got back to my nice cool room to send the
              message. Tyler was great. More later.

              Ken

              --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Fran L-G" <fran_lg@...> wrote:

              > Hey Ken --
              >
              > Live?! What, do you have wifi in the state park campground?
              > Love that internet access on the road :-)
              >
              > Fran L-G
              > Cleveland OH
              >

              > --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Brown"
              > <savage99_250@> wrote:
              > >
              > > I am slowly entering the world of technology. This is the first time
              > > I have taken my laptop with me. However, no printer.
              > >
              > > Ken

            • Ken Brown
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 1 7:01 PM
                Howdy, Vickie.

                Tyler was a full scale DOG. Don't ever worry about just coming out
                and visiting. We put 69 pots on the table and everyone had food left
                over. This was an even bigger DOG than last July.

                I saw old friends too numerous to mention, and made new friends. It
                is a real embarrassment to me, that I have gotten old and cannot
                sample every pot on the table. However, all the ones I did sample
                were great.

                We had members from at least ten different LSDOS chapters there, and
                guests from as far away as Colorado. Sorry, Ronda, but Colorado is
                further that Kansas.

                We had people from Mississippi, Louisiana, Kansas, and Colorado that I
                met, and a huge bunch from Texas.

                Ken

                --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "binky16_80" <binky16_80@...>