Lodge logic

  • oldanco29
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1 2:04 PM
      Ok, I have a question. I bought those 2 10" deeps last week (LOGIC)
      and used one this past Sat. at our DOG..straight out of the box.
      I made that Cookie Dough Peach cobbler(excellant, Wishbone!) and came
      home to wash it.
      After a good wash (hot water, minus soap), it was placed in the oven
      at 200 to dry well. When i pull it out, I noticed that part of the
      seasoning in the inside was gone..did I do something wrong?
      Do I need to give the new oven another seasoning before I use it?
      Miss connie-Tx
    • Wishbone
      Message 2 of 6 , May 1 2:46 PM
        I would resason it.You cant loose anything by doing it. I put 2 more
        seasonings on a New 12 Deep oven & it really looked great. I washed
        out another new Lodge Logic & cooked 2 lbs bacon in it. It came out
        great too. I dont see why moore seasoning at first hurt. I'd put more
        seasoning on any new Lodge Logic ovens if not planing cooking
        something greasy like bacon first time. Just my thought. Wishbone
      • Doug Thornton
        Message 3 of 6 , May 1 3:02 PM
          --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "oldanco29" <oldanco29@...>
          wrote:

          > Ok, I have a question. I bought those 2 10" deeps last week
          (LOGIC)
          > and used one this past Sat. at our DOG..straight out of the box.
          > I made that Cookie Dough Peach cobbler(excellant, Wishbone!) and
          came
          > home to wash it.
          > After a good wash (hot water, minus soap), it was placed in the
          oven
          > at 200 to dry well. When i pull it out, I noticed that part of the
          > seasoning in the inside was gone..did I do something wrong?
          > Do I need to give the new oven another seasoning before I use it?
          > Miss connie-Tx

          I had just about the same thing with my 10deep. I just wiped it
          down with Crisco and cranked the oven to 500 degrees for a hour and
          a half and did not worry about it again. It is the one oven I use
          more than any other.
          Doug
        • BISCUIT
          Message 4 of 6 , May 1 3:40 PM
            This sounds really good? Where is the recipe?

            Send me your old oven and go buy a new one. LOL Just joking!
          • black kettle
            Message 5 of 6 , May 1 5:15 PM
              I have bought a few pieces of LOGIC lately. I give um
              a hi temp seasoning anyway before I use them.

              --- oldanco29 <oldanco29@...> wrote:

              > Ok, I have a question. I bought those 2 10" deeps
              > last week (LOGIC)
              > and used one this past Sat. at our DOG..straight out
              > of the box.
              > I made that Cookie Dough Peach cobbler(excellant,
              > Wishbone!) and came
              > home to wash it.
              > After a good wash (hot water, minus soap), it was
              > placed in the oven
              > at 200 to dry well. When i pull it out, I noticed
              > that part of the
              > seasoning in the inside was gone..did I do something
              > wrong?
              > Do I need to give the new oven another seasoning
              > before I use it?
              > Miss connie-Tx

              IDOS 5" (40/500), Lodge 10" & 10"D, 2-12" & 12"D, 14"D
              10 & 12" Lodge skillet, 10" Lodge sq skillet,10" chick fryer, 10 & 13" indoor DO, 8 & 10" Wagner griddle

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Ken Brown
              Message 6 of 6 , May 1 6:26 PM
                Even though the preseasoned ovens are great, they are not seasoned for
                as long as we would high temp season them at home. Reseasoning, or
                adding to the existing seasoning would be a good idea.

                The group picture tonight is Pigs in the Cornfield cooked in a Lodge
                Logic Deep 10 inch oven. It was great and the oven cleaned easily
                with warm water. I will add another coat of seasoning to it when I
                have the time to devote to it.

                BTW: I have decided that I will take my two deep 10 inch ovens when
                we go to West Texas for Memorial day. 'Only' my two deep 10 inch
                ovens. All the others are going to be left at home.

                Ken