Re: [Dutch Oven Cooking] Reciepe Software

  • Ken Brown
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1, 2006
      Mike,
      A lot of Oklahoma and Texas are in a severe drouth pattern, and the
      rainfall we got last week will not keep the burn Ban lifted very long.
      Many of our state parks have a burn ban in effect.

      Ken

      --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Parr"
      <coffeetester@...> wrote:

      > I am confused by some comments I have seen. Do they not let you use
      Charcoal

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 1, 2006
        I am very happy with Mastercook.

      • Gary
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 2, 2006
          I am using a program called Big Oven. It is easy to use and easy to copy
          them to Word and then send it out via e-mail

          Gary in Seattle
          Well now that we can charcoal again in Oklahoma, for a while anyway, my
          interest has returned to DO cooking. Due mainly to this group I am starting
          to amass a collection of recipes and I currently copy them into one Word
          file but it is getting pretty long. So I was looking at software to put them
          into. Do any of you use a cookbook program and if so which ones? Any
          recommendations?

          Dan

          Then click on "Leave Group".
          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Karen
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 2, 2006
            I've used MasterCook for many many years and highly recommend it. It's
            now put out by Valusoft and can be bought at places like Best Buy,
            Staples, etc. http://www.valusoft.com/products/mastercook.html
          • Wishbone
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 2, 2006
              Here in the "Mid West" Kansas,Okla & Texas we've been in a drought.
              they have imposed a Total Burn Bans. No outside fires aloud. We've
              gotten a little rain the last couple of weeks but 2 days ago near
              Hutchinson,Ks they had another BIG fire burning up thousands of acres.
              3 weeks ago,just 15 miles East of Me near El Dorado,Ks they had 10,000
              acres of grassland burn up. Glad to be able to start cooking outside
              again. If the Wind quits blowing 50MPH. Wishbone-near Wichita,Ks