Re: [Dutch Oven Cooking] Reciepe Software

  • brad_g8
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1, 2006
      Some areas of the country are in a serious drought. The grasslands
      can start burning with just one little ember, then the whole county
      can go up in smoke. So, in some areas of the country, no open fires
      that can produce ash or sparks. Propane is an open flame, but very
      controlled.

      Here in Utah, several local forests were no open fire areas until last
      year. Oklahoma had serious fires last fall that destroyed homes and
      out buildings. Tall dry grass goes up like, well you know.

      With a wet winter, maybe open fires will be allowed again! The
      forests here are at a Zero fire danger for the moment.
    • Ken Brown
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 1, 2006
        Mike,
        A lot of Oklahoma and Texas are in a severe drouth pattern, and the
        rainfall we got last week will not keep the burn Ban lifted very long.
        Many of our state parks have a burn ban in effect.

        Ken

        --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Parr"
        <coffeetester@...> wrote:

        > I am confused by some comments I have seen. Do they not let you use
        Charcoal

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 1, 2006
          I am very happy with Mastercook.

        • Gary
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 2, 2006
            I am using a program called Big Oven. It is easy to use and easy to copy
            them to Word and then send it out via e-mail

            Gary in Seattle
            Well now that we can charcoal again in Oklahoma, for a while anyway, my
            interest has returned to DO cooking. Due mainly to this group I am starting
            to amass a collection of recipes and I currently copy them into one Word
            file but it is getting pretty long. So I was looking at software to put them
            into. Do any of you use a cookbook program and if so which ones? Any
            recommendations?

            Dan

            Then click on "Leave Group".
            Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Karen
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 2, 2006
              I've used MasterCook for many many years and highly recommend it. It's
              now put out by Valusoft and can be bought at places like Best Buy,
              Staples, etc. http://www.valusoft.com/products/mastercook.html
            • Wishbone
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 2, 2006
                Here in the "Mid West" Kansas,Okla & Texas we've been in a drought.
                they have imposed a Total Burn Bans. No outside fires aloud. We've
                gotten a little rain the last couple of weeks but 2 days ago near
                Hutchinson,Ks they had another BIG fire burning up thousands of acres.
                3 weeks ago,just 15 miles East of Me near El Dorado,Ks they had 10,000
                acres of grassland burn up. Glad to be able to start cooking outside
                again. If the Wind quits blowing 50MPH. Wishbone-near Wichita,Ks