Pot Roast

  • n5hbb
    Message 1 of 3003 , Aug 10, 2000
      Celery<br>3 - 4 large Onions<br>1 8 oz jar sliced
      pot roast with garlic marinade spacing injections at
      approximately 2 inches apart throughout the roast. Push the
      injector in until it reaches the bottom of the roast and
      pull it out slowly as you are injecting the roast.
      Store the roast in the refrigerator
      overnight.<br><br>In a hot dutch oven, pour 3 to 4 tablespoons of
      olive oil and brown the roast on all
      sides.<br><br>Remove the roast from the dutch oven and add 3 to 4
      sliced onions with 2 beef bullion cubes that have been
      dissolved in 2 cups of water. Then place the roast on top
      of the mixture in the dutch oven. Cover and cook for
      2 hours with 17 hot coals on the top and 11 coals
      on the bottom of the dutch oven (325 degrees). After
      1 hour remove the lid and turn the roast
      over.<br><br>At completion of 2 hours, add potatoes (halved or
      quartered), sliced carrots, celery and mushrooms. Cook for 1
      to 2 hours until vegetables are tender.<br><br>When
      serving roast, add salt, pepper & tabasco sauce to taste.
    • mississippi_biscuit
      Message 3003 of 3003 , Feb 7, 2011