Cobbler recipe

  • magic1bean
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2 10:20 PM
      Karen,

      I haven't had a chance to try this, it's from Ceedub's cooking show,
      he just dumps in the blackberries, dumps the cake mix (unmixed)over
      the berries and pours a lemon lime soda over it... you'll need Real
      Player to watch it. A friend up north that knows I like D.O's (that
      has cable and Cee Dubs show was on at that time) recorded a few
      episodes for me to watch to see if I liked it... unfortunately it's
      not carried up there anymore and I can't find it on cable down here
      either...

      I'd recommend watching the several other shows from this site

      I was taught to mix the cake mix per the box instrucions and pour
      over the fruit but I'm going to try this one, a lot easier and
      nothing to clean up

      <http://kwsu.publictelevision.org/stations/kwsu/episodes.asp?
      eid=8&pid=1>

      Roy
      (bean)
    • magic1bean
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2 10:29 PM
        --- In dutchovencooking@y..., "magic1bean" <magic1bean@y...> wrote:
        http://kwsu.publictelevision.org/stations/kwsu/episodes.asp?
        eid=8&pid=1
        I tried this with word wrap off-------but still didn't seem to work,
        I'm not a pc person... so you can go to

        http://www.ceedubs.com/

        and click on the link on the left for tv series and then click on the
        public television address in the middle of the page, go to Yankee
        chili show and watch "dessert"

        Roy
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 3 4:15 AM
          Hey Roy!
          Cee Dub T.V. show?
          We do not get that show over here in Mississippi. Would you be so
          nice to send me a copy of some of his cooking shows?

          I have a "Mississippi Swamp Cake". I use Cherry Pie Filling,
          Chocolate Cake Mix, and "Dr. Pepper".

          Look it up in passed post. Do a search.

          This is really good!

          da Biscuit

          --- In dutchovencooking@y..., "magic1bean" <magic1bean@y...> wrote:
          > Karen,
          >
          > I haven't had a chance to try this, it's from Ceedub's cooking
          show,
          > he just dumps in the blackberries, dumps the cake mix (unmixed)over
          > the berries and pours a lemon lime soda over it... you'll need
          Real
          > Player to watch it. A friend up north that knows I like D.O's
          (that
          > has cable and Cee Dubs show was on at that time) recorded a few
          > episodes for me to watch to see if I liked it... unfortunately it's
          > not carried up there anymore and I can't find it on cable down here
          > either...
          >
          > I'd recommend watching the several other shows from this site
          >
          > I was taught to mix the cake mix per the box instrucions and pour
          > over the fruit but I'm going to try this one, a lot easier and
          > nothing to clean up
          >
          > <http://kwsu.publictelevision.org/stations/kwsu/episodes.asp?
          > eid=8&pid=1>
          >
          > Roy
          > (bean)
        • magic1bean
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 3 5:09 PM
            Biscuit,

            thanks, I've got the Mississippi Swamp cake recipe saved, that's
            another I want to try.

            yep, Cee Dub (who is a member of this group) has his own show... I
            enjoyed the ones I got to see, matter of fact, it was his shows that
            rekindled my desire to cook more with the D.O.'s. I think, if you go
            to his site, that you'll find it's in reruns but he has asked for
            viewers to write in to get it back on the air.

            Unfortunately, I'm on a tight budget right now and don't get cable,
            so I don't feel the cable folks would listen much to someone who's
            watching at other folks houses as much as they would to a cable
            subscriber... so I haven't written in. some of you may want to, it
            sure would get dutch oven cooking out in front of more folks. the
            name of his show is DUTCH OVEN AND CAMP COOKING, go to
            www.tvguide.com and enter your zip code and cable/satellite provider
            and you can do a search. reruns might be on but at a time that you
            aren't looking.

            <http://www.ceedubs.com/public_television_series.htm>

            Cee Dub has a good down home way about him, like many of the folks in
            this group... makes you feel like he lives just down the street...

            I recorded over the tapes after I watched them, so I don't have them
            anymore but there are several episodes on the website that you can
            get to from the above addy. you will need "Real Player" to watch but
            there is a link to download the free version.

            Roy

            --- In dutchovencooking@y..., "mississippi_biscuit" <n5hbb@y...>