Re: Pet Names? for Dutch Ovens

  • BISCUIT
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 1, 2005
      My 16 inch Lodge is named after my Grandmother.

      BIG MAMA!

      When my mother was running after me with a switch , after I crossed
      the street. I went running to BIG MAMA yelling...HELP ME BIG MAMA!
      HELP ME BIG MAMA!

      Now that is what I say , when I try lifting this pot full of food. LOL
      :)
    • Ken Brown
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 1, 2005
        I would call it the "Hernia Maker"

        --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Mark" <docopa1962@y...>
        wrote:

        > I've heard of the 22" MACA refered to as the "V8".
        >
        > DOC Opa
        >

        > --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Brenda Wildish"
        > <DutchOvenGal@a...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Yes~
        > >
        > > Those who have attended DOG's out here in Southern California
        have
        > > heard me "loving" refer to my 17 inch MACA as the BEAST!
        > >
        > > I know there is a bigger MACA, but the 17 is all I can handle!!!
        > >
        > > :-)
        > >
        > > Brenda
        > > So Cal
        > >
        > > --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "taconite2001"
        > > <lsajensen@a...> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Just wondering if anyone has pet names for their Dutch ovens.

      • Brenda Wildish
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 1, 2005
          --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Brown"
          <savage99_250@y...> wrote:

          > I would call it the "Hernia Maker"

          You're right about that one Ken!!!

          and I forgot to mention that I call my 5 inch Lodge "Itty Bitty".

          Gosh, I wonder if my other 35 ovens are jealous because my 17 inch MACA
          and my 5 inch Lodge have nicknames? LOL :P

          Brenda
          So Cal
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 1, 2005
            The 22" MACA weighs 146 lbs EMPTY!

            --- Ken Brown <savage99_250@...> wrote:

            > I would call it the "Hernia Maker"
            >

            > --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Mark"
            > <docopa1962@y...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > I've heard of the 22" MACA refered to as the "V8".
            > >
            > > DOC Opa

            __________________________________
            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Mark
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 1, 2005
              It's heavier than that.

              In charge of cooking at the Klondike for all 45 troops of Scouts or
              the Big Family Reunion Dinner that reaches well past your family tree?
              This oven is for you.

              The leading ooh and ahh getter at Dutch Oven Shows. Can cook 50
              pounds of Turkey side by side, two 18 pound roasts with room for more
              potatoes, carrots and onions than you would ever need, or a stew to
              literally feed the masses.

              Details:
              9 1/2" Deep

              45 quart Volume

              Weight - Cast Iron - 160 lbs

              Pioneer Design on lid carved by local Utah Artist

              Room for 20 Characters of Personalization

              I'm very happy with the 15" MACA, empty weight 46 lbs. It can handle
              a 20 lb turkey. I need to work on getting 14", 16", 20", 12" deep,
              14" deep, lodge 5", etc. Oh oh, I gotta go, the wife is on the phone
              with the Betty Ford Clinic asking if they have any experience dealing
              with Castironitis!!

              DOC Opa

              --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Mark & Barbara Wilkins

              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 1, 2005
                Thats the shipping weight with all packing materials.
                We weighed one by itself on a scale at 146lbs.

                __________________________________
                http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
              • Mark
                Message 7 of 11 , Dec 1, 2005
                  Well that's misleading. I just copied and paste from the web site.
                  They give the impression it's the actual weight of the cast iron pot.
                  Now I'm going have to weigh my 15" pot. 146 lbs. is still a darn
                  heavy pot. I weighed that exact amount when I graduated high school.
                  I wonder if that a sign? Naaah, I never have that many people to feed.

                  <barb7513@y...> wrote:

                  > Thats the shipping weight with all packing materials.
                  > We weighed one by itself on a scale at 146lbs.
                  >
                  > --- Mark <docopa1962@y...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > It's heavier than that.
                  > >

                  > > In charge of cooking at the Klondike for all 45
                  > > troops of Scouts or
                  > > the Big Family Reunion Dinner that reaches well past
                  > > your family tree?
                  > > This oven is for you.
                  > >
                  > > The leading ooh and ahh getter at Dutch Oven Shows.
                  > > Can cook 50
                  > > pounds of Turkey side by side, two 18 pound roasts
                  > > with room for more
                  > > potatoes, carrots and onions than you would ever
                  > > need, or a stew to
                  > > literally feed the masses.
                  > >
                  > > Details:
                  > > 9 1/2" Deep
                  > >
                  > > 45 quart Volume
                  > >
                  > > Weight - Cast Iron - 160 lbs
                  > >
                  > > Pioneer Design on lid carved by local Utah
                  > > Artist
                  > >
                  > > Room for 20 Characters of Personalization
                  > >
                  > > I'm very happy with the 15" MACA, empty weight 46
                  > > lbs. It can handle
                  > > a 20 lb turkey. I need to work on getting 14", 16",
                  > > 20", 12" deep,
                  > > 14" deep, lodge 5", etc. Oh oh, I gotta go, the
                  > > wife is on the phone
                  > > with the Betty Ford Clinic asking if they have any
                  > > experience dealing
                  > > with Castironitis!!
                  > >
                  > > DOC Opa

                  > > --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Mark &
                  > > Barbara Wilkins
                  > > <barb7513@y...> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > The 22" MACA weighs 146 lbs EMPTY!

                  > > "V8".

                  > > > http://mail.yahoo.com
                  > > >

                  > __________________________________
                  > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

                • Dave
                  Message 8 of 11 , Dec 1, 2005
                    I personally own 2 maca 22" Dutch ovens to move one empty i have to
                    remove the lid and do it in two parts. they do weigh about 15o lbs.
                    empty. I've heard that it takes a V8 engine block to make 1 22" Dutch
                    oven. However I'm looking at the cabellas 20" Dutch oven at less than
                    70 lbs. empty. much better. I haven't seen one yet but will be buying
                    a couple soon. as for names for my D.o.'s i have my "pride n
                    joy", "yank", and my "V8" (the 22) maybe i outta change it to "big rig"
                    By the way 900 biscuits in the 22 fit well and bake awesome with a
                    stainless steel tube in the center.
                    Dave
                    Susanville, Ca