Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Re: Pet Names?

Expand Messages
  • Mark
    I ve heard of the 22 MACA refered to as the V8 . DOC Opa
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 30, 2005
      I've heard of the 22" MACA refered to as the "V8".

      DOC Opa


      --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Brenda Wildish"
      <DutchOvenGal@a...> wrote:
      >
      > Yes~
      >
      > Those who have attended DOG's out here in Southern California have
      > heard me "loving" refer to my 17 inch MACA as the BEAST!
      >
      > I know there is a bigger MACA, but the 17 is all I can handle!!!
      >
      > :-)
      >
      > Brenda
      > So Cal
      >
      > --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "taconite2001"
      > <lsajensen@a...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Just wondering if anyone has pet names for their Dutch ovens.
      > >
      >
    • BISCUIT
      My 16 inch Lodge is named after my Grandmother. BIG MAMA! When my mother was running after me with a switch , after I crossed the street. I went running to BIG
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 1, 2005
        My 16 inch Lodge is named after my Grandmother.

        BIG MAMA!

        When my mother was running after me with a switch , after I crossed
        the street. I went running to BIG MAMA yelling...HELP ME BIG MAMA!
        HELP ME BIG MAMA!

        Now that is what I say , when I try lifting this pot full of food. LOL
        :)
      • Ken Brown
        I would call it the Hernia Maker ... have
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 1, 2005
          I would call it the "Hernia Maker"


          --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Mark" <docopa1962@y...>
          wrote:
          >
          > I've heard of the 22" MACA refered to as the "V8".
          >
          > DOC Opa
          >
          >
          > --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Brenda Wildish"
          > <DutchOvenGal@a...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Yes~
          > >
          > > Those who have attended DOG's out here in Southern California
          have
          > > heard me "loving" refer to my 17 inch MACA as the BEAST!
          > >
          > > I know there is a bigger MACA, but the 17 is all I can handle!!!
          > >
          > > :-)
          > >
          > > Brenda
          > > So Cal
          > >
          > > --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "taconite2001"
          > > <lsajensen@a...> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Just wondering if anyone has pet names for their Dutch ovens.
          > > >
          > >
          >
        • Brenda Wildish
          ... You re right about that one Ken!!! and I forgot to mention that I call my 5 inch Lodge Itty Bitty . Gosh, I wonder if my other 35 ovens are jealous
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 1, 2005
            --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Brown"
            <savage99_250@y...> wrote:
            >
            > I would call it the "Hernia Maker"

            You're right about that one Ken!!!

            and I forgot to mention that I call my 5 inch Lodge "Itty Bitty".

            Gosh, I wonder if my other 35 ovens are jealous because my 17 inch MACA
            and my 5 inch Lodge have nicknames? LOL :P

            Brenda
            So Cal
          • Mark & Barbara Wilkins
            The 22 MACA weighs 146 lbs EMPTY! ... __________________________________ Yahoo! Mail - PC Magazine Editors Choice 2005 http://mail.yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 1, 2005
              The 22" MACA weighs 146 lbs EMPTY!


              --- Ken Brown <savage99_250@...> wrote:

              > I would call it the "Hernia Maker"
              >
              >
              > --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Mark"
              > <docopa1962@y...>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > I've heard of the 22" MACA refered to as the "V8".
              > >
              > > DOC Opa






              __________________________________
              Yahoo! Mail - PC Magazine Editors' Choice 2005
              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Mark
              It s heavier than that. In charge of cooking at the Klondike for all 45 troops of Scouts or the Big Family Reunion Dinner that reaches well past your family
              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 1, 2005
                It's heavier than that.


                In charge of cooking at the Klondike for all 45 troops of Scouts or
                the Big Family Reunion Dinner that reaches well past your family tree?
                This oven is for you.

                The leading ooh and ahh getter at Dutch Oven Shows. Can cook 50
                pounds of Turkey side by side, two 18 pound roasts with room for more
                potatoes, carrots and onions than you would ever need, or a stew to
                literally feed the masses.

                Details:
                9 1/2" Deep

                45 quart Volume

                Weight - Cast Iron - 160 lbs

                Pioneer Design on lid carved by local Utah Artist

                Room for 20 Characters of Personalization

                I'm very happy with the 15" MACA, empty weight 46 lbs. It can handle
                a 20 lb turkey. I need to work on getting 14", 16", 20", 12" deep,
                14" deep, lodge 5", etc. Oh oh, I gotta go, the wife is on the phone
                with the Betty Ford Clinic asking if they have any experience dealing
                with Castironitis!!

                DOC Opa
                ________________________________________________________________________

                --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Mark & Barbara Wilkins
                <barb7513@y...> wrote:
                >
                > The 22" MACA weighs 146 lbs EMPTY!
                >
                >
                > --- Ken Brown <savage99_250@y...> wrote:
                >
                > > I would call it the "Hernia Maker"
                > >
                > >
                > > --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Mark"
                > > <docopa1962@y...>
                > > wrote:
                > > >
                > > > I've heard of the 22" MACA refered to as the "V8".
                > > >
                > > > DOC Opa
                >
                >
                >
                >
                >
                >
                > __________________________________
                > Yahoo! Mail - PC Magazine Editors' Choice 2005
                > http://mail.yahoo.com
                >
              • Mark & Barbara Wilkins
                Thats the shipping weight with all packing materials. We weighed one by itself on a scale at 146lbs. ... __________________________________ Start your day with
                Message 7 of 11 , Dec 1, 2005
                  Thats the shipping weight with all packing materials.
                  We weighed one by itself on a scale at 146lbs.

                  --- Mark <docopa1962@...> wrote:

                  > It's heavier than that.
                  >
                  >
                  > In charge of cooking at the Klondike for all 45
                  > troops of Scouts or
                  > the Big Family Reunion Dinner that reaches well past
                  > your family tree?
                  > This oven is for you.
                  >
                  > The leading ooh and ahh getter at Dutch Oven Shows.
                  > Can cook 50
                  > pounds of Turkey side by side, two 18 pound roasts
                  > with room for more
                  > potatoes, carrots and onions than you would ever
                  > need, or a stew to
                  > literally feed the masses.
                  >
                  > Details:
                  > 9 1/2" Deep
                  >
                  > 45 quart Volume
                  >
                  > Weight - Cast Iron - 160 lbs
                  >
                  > Pioneer Design on lid carved by local Utah
                  > Artist
                  >
                  > Room for 20 Characters of Personalization
                  >
                  > I'm very happy with the 15" MACA, empty weight 46
                  > lbs. It can handle
                  > a 20 lb turkey. I need to work on getting 14", 16",
                  > 20", 12" deep,
                  > 14" deep, lodge 5", etc. Oh oh, I gotta go, the
                  > wife is on the phone
                  > with the Betty Ford Clinic asking if they have any
                  > experience dealing
                  > with Castironitis!!
                  >
                  > DOC Opa
                  >
                  ________________________________________________________________________
                  >
                  > --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Mark &
                  > Barbara Wilkins
                  > <barb7513@y...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > The 22" MACA weighs 146 lbs EMPTY!
                  > >
                  > >
                  > > --- Ken Brown <savage99_250@y...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > > I would call it the "Hernia Maker"
                  > > >
                  > > >
                  > > > --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Mark"
                  > > > <docopa1962@y...>
                  > > > wrote:
                  > > > >
                  > > > > I've heard of the 22" MACA refered to as the
                  > "V8".
                  > > > >
                  > > > > DOC Opa
                  > >
                  > >
                  > >
                  > >
                  > >
                  > >
                  > > __________________________________
                  > > Yahoo! Mail - PC Magazine Editors' Choice 2005
                  > > http://mail.yahoo.com
                  > >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >





                  __________________________________
                  Start your day with Yahoo! - Make it your home page!
                  http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                • Mark
                  Well that s misleading. I just copied and paste from the web site. They give the impression it s the actual weight of the cast iron pot. Now I m going have to
                  Message 8 of 11 , Dec 1, 2005
                    Well that's misleading. I just copied and paste from the web site.
                    They give the impression it's the actual weight of the cast iron pot.
                    Now I'm going have to weigh my 15" pot. 146 lbs. is still a darn
                    heavy pot. I weighed that exact amount when I graduated high school.
                    I wonder if that a sign? Naaah, I never have that many people to feed.

                    _______________________________________________________________


                    --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Mark & Barbara Wilkins
                    <barb7513@y...> wrote:
                    >
                    > Thats the shipping weight with all packing materials.
                    > We weighed one by itself on a scale at 146lbs.
                    >
                    > --- Mark <docopa1962@y...> wrote:
                    >
                    > > It's heavier than that.
                    > >
                    > >
                    > > In charge of cooking at the Klondike for all 45
                    > > troops of Scouts or
                    > > the Big Family Reunion Dinner that reaches well past
                    > > your family tree?
                    > > This oven is for you.
                    > >
                    > > The leading ooh and ahh getter at Dutch Oven Shows.
                    > > Can cook 50
                    > > pounds of Turkey side by side, two 18 pound roasts
                    > > with room for more
                    > > potatoes, carrots and onions than you would ever
                    > > need, or a stew to
                    > > literally feed the masses.
                    > >
                    > > Details:
                    > > 9 1/2" Deep
                    > >
                    > > 45 quart Volume
                    > >
                    > > Weight - Cast Iron - 160 lbs
                    > >
                    > > Pioneer Design on lid carved by local Utah
                    > > Artist
                    > >
                    > > Room for 20 Characters of Personalization
                    > >
                    > > I'm very happy with the 15" MACA, empty weight 46
                    > > lbs. It can handle
                    > > a 20 lb turkey. I need to work on getting 14", 16",
                    > > 20", 12" deep,
                    > > 14" deep, lodge 5", etc. Oh oh, I gotta go, the
                    > > wife is on the phone
                    > > with the Betty Ford Clinic asking if they have any
                    > > experience dealing
                    > > with Castironitis!!
                    > >
                    > > DOC Opa
                    > >
                    > ________________________________________________________________________
                    > >
                    > > --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Mark &
                    > > Barbara Wilkins
                    > > <barb7513@y...> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > The 22" MACA weighs 146 lbs EMPTY!
                    > > >
                    > > >
                    > > > --- Ken Brown <savage99_250@y...> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > > I would call it the "Hernia Maker"
                    > > > >
                    > > > >
                    > > > > --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Mark"
                    > > > > <docopa1962@y...>
                    > > > > wrote:
                    > > > > >
                    > > > > > I've heard of the 22" MACA refered to as the
                    > > "V8".
                    > > > > >
                    > > > > > DOC Opa
                    > > >
                    > > >
                    > > >
                    > > >
                    > > >
                    > > >
                    > > > __________________________________
                    > > > Yahoo! Mail - PC Magazine Editors' Choice 2005
                    > > > http://mail.yahoo.com
                    > > >
                    > >
                    > >
                    > >
                    > >
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    > __________________________________
                    > Start your day with Yahoo! - Make it your home page!
                    > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                    >
                  • Dave
                    I personally own 2 maca 22 Dutch ovens to move one empty i have to remove the lid and do it in two parts. they do weigh about 15o lbs. empty. I ve heard that
                    Message 9 of 11 , Dec 1, 2005
                      I personally own 2 maca 22" Dutch ovens to move one empty i have to
                      remove the lid and do it in two parts. they do weigh about 15o lbs.
                      empty. I've heard that it takes a V8 engine block to make 1 22" Dutch
                      oven. However I'm looking at the cabellas 20" Dutch oven at less than
                      70 lbs. empty. much better. I haven't seen one yet but will be buying
                      a couple soon. as for names for my D.o.'s i have my "pride n
                      joy", "yank", and my "V8" (the 22) maybe i outta change it to "big rig"
                      By the way 900 biscuits in the 22 fit well and bake awesome with a
                      stainless steel tube in the center.
                      Dave
                      Susanville, Ca
                    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.