Mixed Fruit Cobblers

  • Jim Peterson
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2005
      This thread made me think of this recipe that I made up a few years back. I wanted to do a sourdough cobbler. For the filling I modified a pie recipe from the Norske Nook restaurant in Osseo, WI (world renowned for their pies).

      Jim

      Harvest Moon Cobbler

      Filling:
      5 lbs. Macintosh apples, peeled and sliced

      1 cup "Craisins"

      1 cup sugar

      ½ cup flour

      ½ cup sliced almonds

      1 T cinnamon

      2 T butter

      2 T rum or artificial rum flavoring

      - mix apples, craisins, sugar, flour, almonds and cinnamon

      - top with butter and rum

      Topping:

      1 cup sourdough starter

      2 cups flour