[DUTCH OVEN COOKING] Re: Katrina

  • BISCUIT
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 1, 2005
      Sherry, We share you pain with you brother. We did not mean
      anything , but to promote Dutch Oven Cooking. The problem I had
      was.... the stores were closed due to no AC ...so no groceries. It is
      like a third world country now.

      We have 4 First Baptist Churches that has lost their buildings.
      Praying for a safe location to worship in Sunday.

      --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Sherry Colvin <sherry-l-
      c@c...> wrote:
      > You can't cook, DO or otherwise, if you don't have dry land to cook
      on.
      > My brother is now among the homeless/jobless due to this
      devastation.
      > Fortunately, he has his life.
      >
      > Sherry
      >
      > debbieredbear2000 wrote:
      >
      > >When I watched all the devastion, I thought "If some of those
      people
      > >had DO's, they could at least eat hot meals."

    • Sherry Colvin
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 1, 2005
        Biscuit and all...I didn't think anyone meant anything "bad"...sorry if
        it sounded that way. I was just saying that for those people surrounded
        by water, there was no cooking of any type going on.

        My brother and his son escaped on Sunday to my mom's in North
        Louisiana...on Tuesday they left for Ft Hood TX because my nephew is
        based there and had to get back to the post. My brother lives on the
        West Bank, so from what contact he's been able to make, his house isn't
        under water, but he can't get in to check things out and take out
        belongings. At least Jefferson Parish is pretty much locked down and
        doesn't seem to be having the lawlessness problems of New Orleans
        proper. I just don't understand the senselessness of some so-called people.

        His story is just one of thousands and I'm sorry if people thought I
        was being huffy. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone affected by
        this tragedy.

        Sherry

        BISCUIT wrote:

        >Sherry, We share you pain with you brother. We did not mean
        >anything , but to promote Dutch Oven Cooking. The problem I had
        >was.... the stores were closed due to no AC ...so no groceries. It is
        >like a third world country now.
        >
        >We have 4 First Baptist Churches that has lost their buildings.
        >Praying for a safe location to worship in Sunday.
        >

        >--- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Sherry Colvin <sherry-l-
        >c@c...> wrote:
        >

        >>You can't cook, DO or otherwise, if you don't have dry land to cook
        >>

        >on.
        >

        >>My brother is now among the homeless/jobless due to this
        >>

        >devastation.
        >

        >>Fortunately, he has his life.
        >>
        >>Sherry
        >>
        >>debbieredbear2000 wrote:
        >>

        >>>When I watched all the devastion, I thought "If some of those
        >>>

        >people
        >

        >>>had DO's, they could at least eat hot meals."

        >To unsubscribe from this group,
        >click on "Edit My Membership" at the top right of the Group main page.
        >Then click on "Leave Group".
        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Jim Armstrong
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 6, 2005
          Hi Everyone,

          I will be going no email tomorrow. I am headed to south Mississippi
          with a group from my church. We are taking supplies with us and will
          be spending a few days helping people in the hurricane ravaged area.
          In north Mississippi we have a large number of people that evacuated
          New Orleans and So. Miss. We have been feeding them and trying to
          take of other needs as well. I'll give you a report when I return. I
          will try to get some pictures to share with the group.

          I have been amazed at the way people have come together to help. Most
          of the help in Mississippi is from other people in the state. The
          best I underderstand, FEMA has not made much of a presence in Miss.
          yet. Those folks need all the help we can give them.

          Jim Armstrong
          Shannon, MS
        • Brenda Wildish
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 6, 2005
            God bless you and your church group Jim~

            Please take care and stay safe. I will look forward to your report
            when you return.

            Brenda Wildish
            So Cal

            --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Armstrong"