Jamboree

  • Mike Dolan
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 10 8:44 AM
      I was at the Jamboree, and was wonderin' if anyone on this group would be cookin'!? I didn't see any cooking demonstrations during my "walk-arounds."

      My birthday was on August 3rd, and when I came home from Jamboree on the 4th, my Mother-in-law had a brand new 12" Lodge DO with legs sitting on the kitchen table for my birthday! And then she opened a large box full of iron that she had cleaned out of her kitchen cabinets- she never has used it since all the kids left home. It included a neat cast iron wok, several frying pans, and three ovens without legs. All except a few of the frying pans were Lodge. I was in heaven!!

      Time to break out the cookbooks!

      Mike Dolan
      Camby, Indiana

    • kensr_34
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 20, 2010
        I'll be at Jamboree, in Mahone Subcamp, working with Youth Services Team. It's doubtful there will be opportunities for DO.
      • Connie Knie
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 30, 2010
          I agree,
          I will be in Aquatics with both of my sons on staff as well. One at Trap Shooting and one on Brownsea Island. My fiance/Scoutmaster keeps teasing me about leaving room to pack my DOs.
          I  tell him they are just spoiled since I take every piece of equipment I own up to summmer camp every year and cook desserts for two meals a day for over 50 scouts and still find time to be a four time winner of the SM Cookoff.............LOL.........I might bring my little 6 inch one just to have in my tent.............

          connie