Re: Apple Desert. I made this one up at our last get together

  • Ronda
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 31, 2005
      I know how that goes John - it's been tough getting our group together
      also. Brent wants us to come over to ElDorado SP & camp & cook some
      weekend. If we get that together I'll email & let you know.
      In the meantime tho - Dinwiddies are supposed to be in Chanute on 9/17
      and want to cook with us. Can you make it over here for that? Ronda

      --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Wishbone"
      <dutchovencook99@y...> wrote:
      > Just got together with a few friends. Seems like no one Likes to get
      > together anymore. just me,scott,dean& paul got together one weekend.
      > think you'all were in Texas. Wishbone.
    • Wishbone
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 2, 2005
        Cant make it that weekend. Were all at Windfield at a Bluegrass Fest.
        We camp out for a whole Week and Cook at least twice a Day in our
        Dutch Ovens. http://www.wvfest.com/ About 30,000 people attend the 4
        day festival. Some camp out for 3 weeks before it starts. Our "Cast
        Iron Camp" is to be featured a "Camp" in The Winfield Gazette,a Local
        Newspaper. Scott met the reporter at a Chuckwagon Cookoff held in the
        same Fairgrounds back in April. He invited her to look us up at the
        Fest. She said she would do an article about our Camp & Cookin' I
        think last year we fed all our group plus 30 or 40 more who stoped by
        every evening to see what we were cookin.All were invited. Scott's 27
        pound Country Ham went a long way. Other wise we might try to make it
        over to Chanute then. Rich cooked a 23 pound Turkey 2 years ago. Both
        were cooked in Maca 22's, BIG Ovens!!! Wishbone
      • trlrpksu
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 2, 2005
          Good luck @ Winfield in September - My daughter & her husband will be
          there as members of "East Konza Swamp Association" or as better known,
          as Stage 7. Pickin' & grinnin' & eatin' that dutch oven chili & chow:)

          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 2, 2005
            Well have fun John. It sounds wonderful! I've heard of the
            Winfield thing, maybe next year we"ll join ya! If we do another
            gathering tho I'll let you know, and you can let Scott & Terry
            know. But if you sell the Teardrop - where are you gonna stay?
            Ronda & Doug

            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 3, 2005
              I have a Coleman Pop-Up camper too. If I get enough money out of my
              Teardrop Camper I want to buy a Chuckwagon. I can sleep in the Covered
              part of the Chuckwagon. My goal is to compete in the World Champinship
              Chuckwagon Cooking contest in Redosia, N.M. within the next 5 to 10
              years. Do a few in Kansas,Okla & Texas to test my skills. Wishbone-Ks
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 3, 2005
                Wishbone,

                I have the priveledge of cooking with the Biscuit
                Flats wagon this coming October in Ruidoso NM........I
                am really excited about doing so! C'mon down!

                Mark Wilkins
                Peoria AZ

                http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail