Re: [DUTCH OVEN COOKING] Disaster ......TRIPLE CHOCOLATE MARSHMALLOW CAKE

    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 5, 2005
      When I make my chocolate cakes in the DO, I take the
      lid off to prevent condensation forming on the
      underside of lid and "raining" on my cake as it cools;
      I take a knife and trim along edge to make sure it is
      separated; i dump the coals from the lid and place it
      back on with a pair of welding gloves, then flip it
      over onto the lid--then flip it again onto a cool lid
      to display/serve from. Now I can clean the used oven &
      lid while everyone devours the cake! In preparation
      stage, I butter the sides & bottom of the DO, then
      "flour" the DO with some of the cake mix prior to
      mixing with the other ingredients. That way it doesnt
      stick and the sides/bottom will be the color of the
      cake mix--not white like with flour.

      Mark

      __________________________________
      Yahoo! Mail
    • gooney1968
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 5, 2005
        --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Mark & Barbara Wilkins
        <barb7513@y...> wrote:
        In preparation
        > stage, I butter the sides & bottom of the DO, then
        > "flour" the DO with some of the cake mix prior to
        > mixing with the other ingredients. That way it doesnt
        > stick and the sides/bottom will be the color of the
        > cake mix--not white like with flour.

        Mark- you can also use baking cocoa powder to dust your pans for
        chocolate cakes.

        Patsy