An Early Fourth of July Greeting

  • Ken Brown
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2005
      Howdy, Y'all.
      I want to wish everyone a happy and safe Fourth of July weekend. I am
      leaving in the morning to go to the Tyler Texas BIG DOG, and will try
      to catch up with posts next week.

      Ken
    • papacole52
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 3, 2005
        --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Brown"
        <savage99_250@y...> wrote:
        > Howdy, Y'all.
        > I want to wish everyone a happy and safe Fourth of July weekend. I am
        > leaving in the morning to go to the Tyler Texas BIG DOG, and will try
        > to catch up with posts next week.
        >
        > Ken

        How was the turn out? I was going over on Saturday but had family
        come over so stayed home and cooked for them.

        David
      • Ken Brown
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 4, 2005
          Howdy, David.

          This was a great DOG.

          Friday afternoon they had showers and some wind, but by Friday night
          the stars were out. It was a little humid, and the misquitoes started
          biting when the breeze quit, but the company was great.

          Saturday morning was cool and cloudy. We had brief showers and put up
          several awnings and easy-ups to cook under. I did not count the pots
          on the table. I estimate there were at least 60 dishes, including
          breads, meats, vegetables, deserts, and ice cream.

          Saturday afternoon remained cool and cloudy. Y'all have to remember
          that I live down here, on the edge of the South Texas Desert, and that
          it has been over 100 degrees daily and no rain for several weeks.
          When I got up to Tyler, the temp was in the low 90's, the humidity was
          down, and it was pleasant.

          We sat around and visited and cleaned up Saturday afternoon, sampled
          various refreshment that afternoon, and snacked that night.

          You missed a fun time.

          Ken

          --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "papacole52"
          <papacole52@y...> wrote: How was the turn out? I was going over on