Re: [DUTCH OVEN COOKING] Dutch Oven Pizza

  • LKUHNAU@WEBTV.NET
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 5 12:54 AM
      Thanks for the info on making the Pizzas...I would also like info on the
      Pineapple Cornbread, and the Pioneer Journey Cake...Please...need
      something new to work on when I get my new Dutch Ovens...

      Are there any DO Gatherings or Clubs in the NorthWest, Near Portland,
      Oregon???...LINDA...Oregon
    • DutchOvenDave@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 5 6:51 AM
        Pineapple Cornbread

        Stan Kowalski sent this recipe.

        Here's the simple recipe:

        Note: For better results, disregard any preparation information on
        the boxes of the mixes and follow THIS recipe.

        PINEAPPLE CORNBREAD

        I used all "Jiffy" brand mixes for consistency, and to keep
        the size proportion the same.
        (NOTE: I recently found it was impossible to find Jiffy brand cake
        mixes in ANY store within 200 miles of WNY....don't know why, they
        were always available before.)

        1 box Jiffy brand yellow cake mix
        2 boxes Jiffy brand corn muffin mix
        5 eggs
        2 Tbs vegetable oil
        1/2 cup water
        1 can crushed pineapple

        Pre-heat a 10" Dutch oven, to 350°F, after oiling it up well.

        Start making your batter by pouring off the liquid in the can of
        pineapple. Set aside. Combine all 3 boxes of the mixes together.
        Add the oil and eggs, mixing well after each addition. Add the
        pineapple juice you set aside and the 1/2 can of water. Blend it all
        in. Finally, add the crushed pineapple and mix it all together.
        Pour it all into the DO.

        Leave about 6 coals on the bottom and move the rest to the lid. Bake
        for about 30 minutes. Check with a toothpick. If it comes out
        clean, you're done.

        NOTE #2:
        IF you want an easier cleanup (and it's pretty easy anyway, this
        recipe will make enough batter for 2 8" tinfoil cake pans....which
        fit easily into a 10" DO)

        from the files of
        Stan Kowalski Jr.
        Assistant Director