Re: Johnny Nix

  • awcreative@aol.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 2, 2005
      Hey group,

      Caught Johnny Nix with his new show in Lynchburg, TN. yesterday on RFD-TV.
      This new series has him cooking in an outdoor fire place. If you did not get a
      chance to see this first show that aired on Tuesday, the program will air
      several more times this week.

      I have been looking for the plans for a fireplace like that for several
      years. This is what I would like to have on the patio. Wonder if he would share
      those fire place plans?

      Al & Ouida Wilkie
      Members - LSDOS
    • jokervet4933
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 11, 2006
        I met Johnny at one of his KOA cooking tours. He was very
        knowledgeable, professional and courteous. Johnny's southern
        personality is Campfire Cafe, not Larry and Pam. Folks should learn
        all the facts before taking a side and posting negative comments on
        other forums.
      • K. Brown
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 11, 2006
          Evening, everyone.

          My post last night should have straightened things out. I repeat:
          "CeeDub and Johnny Nix are two completely different people. CeeDub
          has a show that I have been told is on RFD TV. Johnny Nix was on the
          CampFire Cafe show until this fall. Now Pam and Larry are doing the
          show."

          They are both fine people and great cooks.

          Now: There are and there will be No Negative Comments on this forum!
          I don't know what people post somewhere else! I can't control what
          people post somewhere else! It will not be done here! End of story.

          No comments, discussion, or debate is needed.

          Ken

          --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "jokervet4933"
          <jokervet4933@...> wrote:

          > I met Johnny at one of his KOA cooking tours. He was very
          > knowledgeable, professional and courteous. Johnny's southern
          > personality is Campfire Cafe, not Larry and Pam. Folks should learn
          > all the facts before taking a side and posting negative comments on
          > other forums.

        • Bill Shane
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 25, 2012
            this is what Johnny posted on facebook
            Alright everybody listen up. We are now on RFDTV's new tv channel Rural tv. If you have Direct TV satelite it is channel 232. We will be airing every Saturday 8:00 and 12:00 central time. Check out the website www.myruraltv.com
            Bill

          • tbone
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 25, 2012
              You must mean Dish Network. My Directv channel 232 is the Cooking channel.
              I wish Directv would get the Rural channel.

              Tony

              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 25, 2012
                Not sure about Rural Channel, but we couldn't get RFD TV on Dish. Ronda

                --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, tbone <tbone@...> wrote:

                > You must mean Dish Network. My Directv channel 232 is the Cooking channel.
                > I wish Directv would get the Rural channel.
                >
                > Tony
                >

                > On 2/25/2012 9:12 AM, Bill Shane wrote:
                > > this is what Johnny posted on facebook
                > > Alright everybody listen up. We are now on RFDTV's new tv channel Rural tv. If you have Direct TV satelite it is channel 232. We will be airing every Saturday 8:00 and 12:00 central time. Check out the website www.myruraltv.com
                > > Bill

              • B B
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 26, 2012
                  Good morning everyone, I watched the show yesterday (Saturday) at 8AM daylight savings time on Rural T V channel 232 Dish. The only problem was it didn't last but 30 minutes.

                  --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "rlb_51" <rlb_51@...> wrote:

                  > Not sure about Rural Channel, but we couldn't get RFD TV on Dish. Ronda
                  >
                  > --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, tbone <tbone@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > You must mean Dish Network. My Directv channel 232 is the Cooking channel.
                  > > I wish Directv would get the Rural channel.
                  > >
                  > > Tony
                  > >

                  > > On 2/25/2012 9:12 AM, Bill Shane wrote:
                  > > > this is what Johnny posted on facebook
                  > > > Alright everybody listen up. We are now on RFDTV's new tv channel Rural tv. If you have Direct TV satelite it is channel 232. We will be airing every Saturday 8:00 and 12:00 central time. Check out the website www.myruraltv.com
                  > > > Bill

                • MaryAnn Frerichs
                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 26, 2012
                    It is on a package bigger than the to 200, as we have that and don't have it.  Not sure which one it is on.

                    MaryAnn

                    Not sure about Rural Channel, but we couldn't get RFD TV on Dish. Ronda

                    --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, tbone <tbone@...> wrote:

                    > You must mean Dish Network. My Directv channel 232 is the Cooking channel.
                    > I wish Directv would get the Rural channel.
                    >
                    > Tony
                    >

                    > On 2/25/2012 9:12 AM, Bill Shane wrote:
                    > > this is what Johnny posted on facebook
                    > > Alright everybody listen up. We are now on RFDTV's new tv channel Rural tv. If you have Direct TV satelite it is channel 232. We will be airing every Saturday 8:00 and 12:00 central time. Check out the website www.myruraltv.com
                    > > Bill

                  • Karen (H)
                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 27, 2012
                      We get dish network too. I called dish network and asked about how I get
                      the Rural TV channel and they said it was with an additional package where
                      besides Rural TV you got high definition RFDTV, Pixl, and the Hallmark Movie
                      channel ..... and it would cost us an additional $5 a month. We already got
                      all of those channels except Rural TV and the Hallmark Movie but signed up
                      for it anyway.

                      Enjoyed the show on Saturday and look forward to future shows.

                      Karen

                      Re: Johnny Nix
                      Posted by: "MaryAnn Frerichs"
                      Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:49 am (PST)

                      It is on a package bigger than the to 200, as we have that and don't have
                      it. Not sure which one it is on.

                      MaryAnn
                    • Allen Austin
                      Message 10 of 11 , Feb 29, 2012

                        Just fishing to see if there is a place we could meet in the Roanoke Va. area to make plans on forming a group!!
                        I have good support from our North West Hardware that is giving great free stuff  for door prizes !!!
                        We have a lunch for some of our friends at Golden  Corral at 2:00 this Thursday to make plans!!!!
                        come on down!!
                        Allen Austin
                        540-929-5222

                      • William Johnson
                        Message 11 of 11 , Feb 29, 2012
                          Glad to hear you guys are hot to cook in the Dutch ovens. Keep us informed what happens.

                          Bakin' Bill