Re: Seasoning in a bag

  • heydadtn
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1 2:31 PM
      Hi, Brian

      I was over 100 posts behind this morning, so I did not read
      everything thoroughly. I may have misread one of the posts.

      I think someone was trying to clean some old iron by putting it in a
      bag with spray oven cleaner.

      We did some experiments here at work quite a few years back. We
      placed fumes from different household substances in bags to see what
      would happen. Some of them spontaneously combusted.

      I just got to thinking of that, so I posted the warning. I like
      everyone on the list and did not want anyone to become homeless
      because of our hobby.

      By the way, did you know that while amonia and bleach are both great
      cleaning agents, they form ammonium gas when mixed together and are
      VERY deadly?

      Just another little tidbit of (hopefully) worthless information.

      Randy
      wasabuffalo

      --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Nielson"
      <briannielson@a...> wrote:

      Having noted your warning, what is seasoning in a bag? I've not
      heard of it.

      Brian
      wasabear