RE: [DUTCH OVEN COOKING] Fish Pan or Baking dish

  • Brian Whitaker
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 1, 2005
      Heidi,
      I've used my non camp (legless) pans outdoors both in a gas grill and on the
      ground without ill effect. I would recommend that instead for crumpled foil
      which will squish to use one or two (on the 12x20) camp Dutch oven lid
      stands. Lodge p/n A5-3. I have 3 of them and they are so useful.
      Brian
      Stafford, VA

        On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 18:33:40 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time),
        SamandHeidi <samandheidi@...> wrote:
        > The pan I bought last night is a 12"x20"x3" what I would call a baking
        > pan.
        > Lodge logic. What I am looking for is how some of you use yours.
        > obviously out camping I won't have an oven to pop it into.

        Why wouldn't you have an oven? All it takes is a cardbaoard box and
        some (dare I say it?) foil! See
        www.macscouter.com/Cooking/BoxOven.html !

        Bob Prager

        Then click on "Leave Group".

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        To visit your group on the web, go to:

      • SamandHeidi

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 1, 2005
            We do this all the time! We have baked cakes, cookies, pies, and pizza
            easily in box ovens.

            And if it gets torn or grungy, just throw it in the fire and get yourself a
            new box!

            Cin O

            Cindy Overton

            (----^----)
            \_______/
            ' ' '

            Assistant Director
            Northwoods Chapter IDOS

            On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 18:33:40 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time),
            SamandHeidi <samandheidi@...> wrote:
            > The pan I bought last night is a 12"x20"x3" what I would
            call a baking
            > pan.
            > Lodge logic. What I am looking for is how some of you
            use yours.
            > obviously out camping I won't have an oven to pop it
            into.

            Why wouldn't you have an oven? All it takes is a cardboard
            box and
            some (dare I say it?) foil! See
            www.macscouter.com/Cooking/BoxOven.html !

            Bob Prager

            To unsubscribe from this group,
            click on "Edit My Membership" at the top right of the Group
            main page.
            Then click on "Leave Group".

            Yahoo! Groups Links

            * To unsubscribe from this group, send an
            email to:

            * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
            Yahoo! Terms of Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

          • SamandHeidi

              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 1, 2005
                We use whatever we have on hand. My scout troop has 3 or 4 different
                ones right now. The biggest one can hold a regular size cookie sheet
                with room to spare, and the smallest is one our microwave came in.
                I can measure them and get back to you on the sizes if you want.
                Mainly it is just whatever works for you, and the size of what you want
                to cook.
                Line them with foil and cook away!

                Cin