Re: [DUTCH OVEN COOKING] Fish Pan or Baking dish

  • Bob Prager
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 31, 2005
      On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 18:33:40 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time),
      SamandHeidi <samandheidi@...> wrote:
      > The pan I bought last night is a 12"x20"x3" what I would call a baking
      > pan.
      > Lodge logic. What I am looking for is how some of you use yours.
      > obviously out camping I won't have an oven to pop it into.

      Why wouldn't you have an oven? All it takes is a cardbaoard box and
      some (dare I say it?) foil! See
      www.macscouter.com/Cooking/BoxOven.html !

      Bob Prager
    • Brian Whitaker
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 1, 2005
        Heidi,
        I've used my non camp (legless) pans outdoors both in a gas grill and on the
        ground without ill effect. I would recommend that instead for crumpled foil
        which will squish to use one or two (on the 12x20) camp Dutch oven lid
        stands. Lodge p/n A5-3. I have 3 of them and they are so useful.
        Brian
        Stafford, VA

          On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 18:33:40 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time),
          SamandHeidi <samandheidi@...> wrote:
          > The pan I bought last night is a 12"x20"x3" what I would call a baking
          > pan.
          > Lodge logic. What I am looking for is how some of you use yours.
          > obviously out camping I won't have an oven to pop it into.

          Why wouldn't you have an oven? All it takes is a cardbaoard box and
          some (dare I say it?) foil! See
          www.macscouter.com/Cooking/BoxOven.html !

          Bob Prager

          Then click on "Leave Group".

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          To visit your group on the web, go to:

        • SamandHeidi

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 1, 2005
              We do this all the time! We have baked cakes, cookies, pies, and pizza
              easily in box ovens.

              And if it gets torn or grungy, just throw it in the fire and get yourself a
              new box!

              Cin O

              Cindy Overton

              (----^----)
              \_______/
              ' ' '

              Assistant Director
              Northwoods Chapter IDOS

              On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 18:33:40 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time),
              SamandHeidi <samandheidi@...> wrote:
              > The pan I bought last night is a 12"x20"x3" what I would
              call a baking
              > pan.
              > Lodge logic. What I am looking for is how some of you
              use yours.
              > obviously out camping I won't have an oven to pop it
              into.

              Why wouldn't you have an oven? All it takes is a cardboard
              box and
              some (dare I say it?) foil! See
              www.macscouter.com/Cooking/BoxOven.html !

              Bob Prager

              To unsubscribe from this group,
              click on "Edit My Membership" at the top right of the Group
              main page.
              Then click on "Leave Group".

              Yahoo! Groups Links

              * To unsubscribe from this group, send an
              email to:

              * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
              Yahoo! Terms of Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

            • SamandHeidi

                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 1, 2005
                  We use whatever we have on hand. My scout troop has 3 or 4 different
                  ones right now. The biggest one can hold a regular size cookie sheet
                  with room to spare, and the smallest is one our microwave came in.
                  I can measure them and get back to you on the sizes if you want.
                  Mainly it is just whatever works for you, and the size of what you want
                  to cook.
                  Line them with foil and cook away!

                  Cin