Re: New Dutch Oven

  • Mark & Barb
    Message 1 of 20 , Jan 4, 2005
      There is a pic of it in the photo section here at bottom named BSA
      Dutch Oven.

      --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Richard E. Smith"
      <thecleanersstore@s...> wrote:

      > Just recived the new Boy Scout Catalog and in it is a new Lodge
      6Qt.
      > Dutch Oven and 12" Skillet with BSA Logo embossed on them. I looked
      > on line @ scoutstuff.org not listed yet. And I Called my local
      Scout
      > Shop and had them order me one. He said it's not in the computer
      yet
      > so the warehouse dose not even have them.
      > They will call me when it comes in.
      >
      > OH Boy just what I need More Iron.
      >
      > RES
    • kwillmsmm
      Message 2 of 20 , Jan 6, 2005
        I just received my catalog today and I saw the photo on the cover,
        but I'm afraid to open it and look. If my wife sees me "shopping
        for more iron" I could be in BIG TROUBLE. I just picked up a 10"
        spider last week end. I thought she was going to flip. ;)

        Kerry
        <thecleanersstore@s...> wrote:

        > Just recived the new Boy Scout Catalog and in it is a new Lodge
        6Qt.
        > Dutch Oven and 12" Skillet with BSA Logo embossed on them. I
        looked
        > on line @ scoutstuff.org not listed yet. And I Called my local
        Scout
        > Shop and had them order me one. He said it's not in the computer
        yet
        > so the warehouse dose not even have them.
        > They will call me when it comes in.
        >
        > OH Boy just what I need More Iron.
        >
        > RES
      • Heather Husvar
        Message 3 of 20 , Jan 7, 2005
          I am allowed to "shop", just not "buy". At least for today. :) If
          you were in Northeast Ohio you could develop a requirement for
          purchases though! I just received information on starting a chapter
          of IDOS. They require three people to start a chapter (with
          memberships). I would imagine that in order to host activities, any
          person involved may have to supplement their collection for the sake
          of the club you know. ;) At least, that's how I view it.

          Heather H.
          -- still reeling from the absolute "NO" from her hubby .. all I wanted
          was a custom MACA with my name. :D

        • shattuckb@aol.com
          Message 4 of 20 , Jan 7, 2005

            <thecleanersstore@s...> wrote:

            > Just recived the new Boy Scout Catalog and in it is a new Lodge
            6Qt.
            > Dutch Oven and 12" Skillet with BSA Logo embossed on them. I
            looked
            > on line @ scoutstuff.org not listed yet. And I Called my local
            Scout
            > Shop and had them order me one. He said it's not in the computer
            yet
            > so the warehouse dose not even have them.
            > They will call me when it comes in.
            >
            > OH Boy just what I need More Iron.
            >
            > RES

            My wife showed my the new BSA Dutch oven and said I could get one. That was
            a shock as she had previously said no more.
            Moose

          • Rochelle Anderson
            Message 5 of 20 , Jan 7, 2005
              Better hurry up and getting shopping before she changes her mind, Moose.
              Besides, nothing else to do with all this rain!

              Rochelle

              _____

              <thecleanersstore@s...> wrote:

              > Just recived the new Boy Scout Catalog and in it is a new Lodge
              6Qt.
              > Dutch Oven and 12" Skillet with BSA Logo embossed on them. I
              looked
              > on line @ scoutstuff.org not listed yet. And I Called my local
              Scout
              > Shop and had them order me one. He said it's not in the computer
              yet
              > so the warehouse dose not even have them.
              > They will call me when it comes in.
              >
              > OH Boy just what I need More Iron.
              >
              > RES

              My wife showed my the new BSA Dutch oven and said I could get one. That was

              a shock as she had previously said no more.
              Moose

              Then click on "Leave Group".

              _____

              Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Leon Perkins
              Message 6 of 20 , Jan 7, 2005
                --- Heather Husvar <hhusvar@...> wrote:

                > I am allowed to "shop", just not "buy".

                You can get a 12" Lodge from Amazon.com for $3
                (includes shipping) if you take advantage of their
                credit card offer. If there are others in your family
                that qualify you can get more than one at $3 each.

                http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/subst/home/home.html/002-1779478-5169629

                http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
              • shattuckb@aol.com

                  <thecleanersstore@s...> wrote:

                  > Just recived the new Boy Scout Catalog and in it is a new Lodge
                  6Qt.
                  > Dutch Oven and 12" Skillet with BSA Logo embossed on them. I
                  looked
                  > on line @ scoutstuff.org not listed yet. And I Called my local
                  Scout
                  > Shop and had them order me one. He said it's not in the computer
                  yet
                  > so the warehouse dose not even have them.
                  > They will call me when it comes in.
                  >
                  > OH Boy just what I need More Iron.
                  >
                  > RES

                  My wife showed my the new BSA Dutch oven and said I could get one. That was

                  a shock as she had previously said no more.
                  Moose

                  I hope it's preseasoned..
                  Moose

                • Chris M
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jan 7, 2005
                    I must say, that is the best looking BSA catalog I have seen... ever. They
                    did their homework on this one.

                    Chris M.
                    Green Bay, WI

                    <thecleanersstore@s...> wrote:

                    > Just recived the new Boy Scout Catalog and in it is a new Lodge
                    6Qt.
                    > Dutch Oven and 12" Skillet with BSA Logo embossed on them. I
                    looked
                    > on line @ scoutstuff.org not listed yet. And I Called my local
                    Scout
                    > Shop and had them order me one. He said it's not in the computer
                    yet
                    > so the warehouse dose not even have them.
                    > They will call me when it comes in.
                    >
                    > OH Boy just what I need More Iron.
                    >
                    > RES

                    My wife showed my the new BSA Dutch oven and said I could get one. That was
                    a shock as she had previously said no more.
                    Moose

                    Then click on "Leave Group".

                  • dhughes126
                    Message 9 of 20 , Jan 7, 2005
                      WOW What a great idea. I just signed up and placed my order, picked
                      the free shipping option, and I'm getting a preseasoned 12" Lodge for
                      $2.99!

                      --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Leon Perkins <l599336@y...>
                      wrote:
                      > --- Heather Husvar <hhusvar@g...> wrote:
                      >
                      > > I am allowed to "shop", just not "buy".
                      >
                      > You can get a 12" Lodge from Amazon.com for $3
                      > (includes shipping) if you take advantage of their
                      > credit card offer. If there are others in your family
                      > that qualify you can get more than one at $3 each.
                      >
                      > http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/subst/home/home.html/002-1779478-
                      5169629

                      > http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                    • Connie Knie

                        Message 11 of 20 , Jan 8, 2005
                          I haven' t done this yet but I am intrigued. Do you have to be accepted or is the offer just for applying?

                          connie

                          wrote:
                          > --- Heather Husvar wrote:
                          >
                          > > I am allowed to "shop", just not "buy".
                          >
                          > You can get a 12" Lodge from Amazon.com for $3
                          > (includes shipping) if you take advantage of their
                          > credit card offer. If there are others in your family
                          > that qualify you can get more than one at $3 each.
                          >
                          > http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/subst/home/home.html/002-1779478-
                          5169629

                          > http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

                          Then click on "Leave Group".
                          Yahoo! Groups Links

                        • Fran L-G
                          Message 12 of 20 , Jan 8, 2005
                            Hi Connie,

                            Like others on this list, we've taken advantage of this offer for
                            several members in our family.

                            You apply on the Amazon.com website, fill in all credit check type of
                            info, and if approved, then you will receive the free $30 towards the
                            purchase for the first time you use that credit card on Amazon.com.

                            Sometimes the approval is immediate within seconds, other times you
                            may have to wait days for a notification email if for some reason they
                            could not approve you right away.

                            In any case, the Amazon.com credit card is not a bad deal -- for every
                            purchase on the card, you receive points towards future purchases. If
                            the purchase is at Amazon, you receive triple points.

                            We like the extended manufacturer warranty benefit the card offers.
                            For example, if you purchased an (imaginary) electric dutch oven
                            cleaning widget with your Amazon card, and the widget had a warranty
                            that it would not break for 90 days and yours happened to go kaput
                            after 4 months, you can have the credit card re-imburse you for that
                            purchase. I'm not sure if that benefit is available with all
                            Amazon.com credit card holders, but we were explicitly informed that
                            with their customer service over the phone. (They gave us the
                            Platinum VISA card.)

                            So, in order to get the 12" Lodge for $2.99, you have to apply at the
                            web pages, wait for the approval, and then go order the 12DCO2
                            (unseasoned, 8 qt, 12" deep camp oven) or L12CO3 (pre-seasoned, 6 qt,
                            12" regular camp oven) for $32.99. Since the order is over $25, make
                            sure you select the free ground shipping & save yourself another $15.
                            Pay with your new Amazon.com credit card, and voila, your bill comes
                            to $2.99! We've done this last year ourselves.

                            This Xmas, with all the points we accumulated on the Amazon.com credit
                            card for the past year, we were able to order a Lodge 14" deep DO from
                            Amazon.com com for free!

                            Fran L-G
                            Cleveland OH

                            --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Connie Knie <cknie23100@s...>
                            wrote:
                            > I haven' t done this yet but I am intrigued. Do you have to be
                            accepted or is the offer just for applying?

                            > connie
                            >
                            > dhughes126 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                            >
                            > WOW What a great idea. I just signed up and placed my order, picked
                            > the free shipping option, and I'm getting a preseasoned 12" Lodge for
                            > $2.99!
                            >

                            > --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Leon Perkins
                            > wrote:
                            > > --- Heather Husvar wrote:
                            > >
                            > > > I am allowed to "shop", just not "buy".
                            > >
                            > > You can get a 12" Lodge from Amazon.com for $3
                            > > (includes shipping) if you take advantage of their
                            > > credit card offer. If there are others in your family
                            > > that qualify you can get more than one at $3 each.
                            > >
                            > > http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/subst/home/home.html/002-1779478-
                            > 5169629
                          • dhughes126
                            Message 13 of 20 , Jan 10, 2005
                              You have to apply and be accepted, and then use the new card to pay
                              for the purchase. They have free shipping on most items over $25.00.

                              Message 14 of 20 , Jan 10, 2005
                                Ortega Hot Poppers

                                1 (3.5-ounce) can ORTEGA� Whole Jalapenos, drained
                                1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
                                1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
                                1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
                                1/2 cup all-purpose flour
                                2 large eggs, lightly beaten
                                2 cups corn flake cereal, crushed

                                CUT jalape�os lengthwise into halves; remove seeds.
                                Combine cheddar cheese, cream cheese and cilantro in
                                small bowl. Place 1 to 1� teaspoons cheese mixture
                                into each jalape�o half; chill for 15 minutes or until
                                cheese is firm. Dip each jalape�o half in flour; shake
                                off excess. Dip into egg; coat with corn flake crumbs.
                                Add vegetable oil to 1-inch depth in medium skillet or
                                Dutch oven; heat over high heat for 1 minute. Fry
                                jalape�os, turning frequently with tongs, until golden
                                brown on all sides. Remove from skillet; drain on
                                paper towels. Serve with Chunky Salsa and sour cream.
                                Makes 8 servings.

                                The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
                                http://my.yahoo.com
                              • Connie Knie

                                  Message 16 of 20 , Jan 12, 2005
                                    Yep, $60 sounds like alot all at once, but just skip
                                    McDonalds once a week and stash that $5 for the next
                                    little while and in no time, you'll have
                                    it......probably be available finally about the same
                                    time anyways! Or do a bicuits and gravy breakfast at
                                    your work--charge $4 or $5 per head and quickly earn
                                    enuff to place your order.

                                    Mark "Cookie" Wilkins
                                    (No, Gary, that is not pronounced Kookie!)

                                    http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250