Re: Biscuit (and others) a GREAT OPPORTUNITY!

  • BISCUIT
    Message 1 of 20 , Oct 1, 2004
      Thanks for the tip!

      I am going to try this one.
      Message 2 of 20 , Oct 3, 2004
        For those of you that need to calendar way in advance,
        plan ahead now for the following:

        International Sportsmans Expo/AZ Dutch oven Cookoff:
        This year the Dutch oven cookoff will include 2
        divisions: Adult & a Youth division. February 18-20,
        2005. More info can be found at:
        http://www.sportsexpos.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewlocation&locationnumber=6

        Festival of the West: March 16-20th in Scottsdale,AZ.
        More info available at www.festivalofthewest.com As
        part of this we are putting together a Dutch oven
        cookoff for Friday that wont require owning a
        Chuckwagon to participate as in years past.

        CeeDubs Clinic that will be held the following weekend
        here in Waddell AZ March 26-27th. A Great opportunity
        to learn from one of the Masters of Dutch oven. Stay
        tuned for further details.

        Mark Wilkins
        Director, AZ Chapter of IDOS

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
      • heydadtn
        Message 3 of 20 , Oct 4, 2004
          I see Ronda understands Southern, but for those of you who don't,
          here is a little guide:

          "Ye" = You
          "Y'all" = plural form of you
          "All y'all" = a whole bunch of y'all

          If Johnny Nix has an accent, I have never noticed it.

          Biscuit and Ronda, have you ever noticed it?

          Randy in Tennessee

          --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Ronda" <rlb_51@y...> wrote:

          Mark - I think that should be: All y'all
        • Ronda
          Message 4 of 20 , Oct 4, 2004
            Nope!
            --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "heydadtn"

            Message 5 of 20 , Oct 5, 2004
              HEY! He is from my neck of the woods. ALABAMA! I am from L.A.
              Lower Alabama.

              Now! D.O. Wille.... that is not a roll tide thing here......BUT.....
              a WAR EAGLE!

              Yall have a great Day!

              <randyhass744@a...> wrote:

              > I see Ronda understands Southern, but for those of you who don't,
              > here is a little guide:
              >
              > "Ye" = You
              > "Y'all" = plural form of you
              > "All y'all" = a whole bunch of y'all
              >
              > If Johnny Nix has an accent, I have never noticed it.
              >
              > Biscuit and Ronda, have you ever noticed it?
              >
              > Randy in Tennessee
              >
              > --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Ronda" <rlb_51@y...>
              wrote:

              > Mark - I think that should be: All y'all
            • William E.(Bill) Jones
              Message 6 of 20 , Oct 5, 2004
                Sounds normal to me, ROLL TIDE!!!!!!

                Message 7 of 20 , Oct 5, 2004
                  I do believe ya'all are correct; however, as much as I
                  enjoy Johnny Nix, whenever I feel a nappin time comin
                  on, just pop one of his tapes in the vcr an its like a
                  sweet lullabye and it puts me off to sweet dream land
                  of Dutch oven cookin. Kinda like making
                  brisket.....low & slow.....

                  Mark

                  Message 8 of 20 , Oct 9, 2004
                    Well, we just completed out first radio interview with
                    www.OutdoorsAZ.com on Dutch Ovens----kinda hard just
                    talking about it instead of showing the fun & fabulous
                    foods that come from this wonderful black pot! Guess
                    they have to use their imagination like Emeril say
                    "Smellavision"!

                    Mark

                    http://vote.yahoo.com
                  • Bear
                    Message 9 of 20 , Oct 9, 2004
                      Mark,
                      Sorry we missed your interview, we were at the Southwest Airlines Chili cookoff. We had entered just to give Diana the experience of being in a cookoff. Well to make a long story short, we took 1st place. Next stop for us and Southwest will be the system wide cookoff in Dallas next April. We get to represent all of Arizona. So when in is your next interview, we want to hear it.
                      bear

                      Mark & Barbara Wilkins <barb7513@...> wrote:
                      Well, we just completed out first radio interview with
                      www.OutdoorsAZ.com on Dutch Ovens----kinda hard just
                      talking about it instead of showing the fun & fabulous
                      foods that come from this wonderful black pot! Guess
                      they have to use their imagination like Emeril say
                      "Smellavision"!

                      Mark

                      Then click on "Leave Group".

                      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                    • Mark & Barb
                      Message 10 of 20 , Oct 10, 2004
                        Congratulations on your win! Are you gonna use the same recipe for
                        the cookoff in Dallas in April?

                        --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Bear <miska_oso@y...> wrote:
                        > Mark,
                        > Sorry we missed your interview, we were at the Southwest Airlines
                        Chili cookoff. We had entered just to give Diana the experience of
                        being in a cookoff. Well to make a long story short, we took 1st
                        place. Next stop for us and Southwest will be the system wide
                        cookoff in Dallas next April. We get to represent all of Arizona.
                        So when in is your next interview, we want to hear it.
                        > bear
                      • Bear
                        Message 11 of 20 , Oct 10, 2004
                          Yep...why fix somethin' if it ain't broke? The recipe is Barb's with just a little twist of my own. Looking forward to it. Also March 16-19 going on a handcart trek as a Ma and Pa, going to be using the ovens there. Would you be interested in helping teach a class or two to the other Ma's and Pa's. Most don't know heads or tails about DO cooking? If you are interested, I'd like to pass your name on to the stake leaders. Just let me know.
                          bear

                          Message 12 of 20 , Oct 10, 2004
                            I would love to come help, but that is the weekend of
                            the Festival of the West. We are putting together a
                            Dutch Oven cookoff as part of Fridays activities;
                            preliminary is you wont have to own a chuckwagon to
                            enter this one, but the one on Saturday is a
                            chuckwagon cookoff where a chuckwagon would be
                            required. Maybe you can convince them to move the
                            date?

                            Mark

                            --- Bear <miska_oso@...> wrote:

                            > Yep...why fix somethin' if it ain't broke? The
                            > recipe is Barb's with just a little twist of my own.
                            > Looking forward to it. Also March 16-19 going on a
                            > handcart trek as a Ma and Pa, going to be using the
                            > ovens there. Would you be interested in helping
                            > teach a class or two to the other Ma's and Pa's.
                            > Most don't know heads or tails about DO cooking? If
                            > you are interested, I'd like to pass your name on to
                            > the stake leaders. Just let me know.
                            > bear
                            >
                            > Mark & Barb <barb7513@...> wrote:
                            >
                            > Congratulations on your win! Are you gonna use the
                            > same recipe for
                            > the cookoff in Dallas in April?
                            >

                            > --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, Bear
                            > <miska_oso@y...> wrote:
                            > > Mark,
                            > > Sorry we missed your interview, we were at the
                            > Southwest Airlines
                            > Chili cookoff. We had entered just to give Diana
                            > the experience of
                            > being in a cookoff. Well to make a long story
                            > short, we took 1st
                            > place. Next stop for us and Southwest will be the
                            > system wide
                            > cookoff in Dallas next April. We get to represent
                            > all of Arizona.
                            > So when in is your next interview, we want to hear
                            > it.
                            > > bear
                            >

                            > To unsubscribe from this group,
                            > click on "Edit My Membership" at the top right of
                            > the Group main page.
                            > Then click on "Leave Group".
                            >

                            > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                            > Yahoo! Terms of Service.

                            > removed]

                            http://vote.yahoo.com
                          • Bear
                            Message 13 of 20 , Oct 10, 2004
                              The training will be between now and early March. I'll let you know when the dates are, and if you can make it that would be great. I'd really like to be at the Festival, but this is a stake calling, and you know what that means....gotta do it.

                              Message 14 of 20 , Oct 10, 2004
                                In a message dated 10/10/2004 6:11:36 PM Central Daylight Time,
                                barb7513@... writes:
                                Are you gonna use the same recipe for
                                the cookoff in Dallas in April?

                                What cookoff in Dallas in April. Would you please bring us up to date.

                                Thanks,

                                Al Wilkie
                                Member - LSDOS

                              • Bear

                                  Message 16 of 20 , Oct 10, 2004
                                    Thanks for the update on the Southwest Airlines Cookoff. We might just come
                                    over there to watch.

                                    Al Wilkie
                                    Member - LSDOS

                                  • Bear