Cooking in Sandals - revisited

  • jdhart999@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2004

      Kathy, I have to laugh about that because I'm the same way and I've got the burns to prove it. :-) I either wear sandals or go barefoot. I used to cook over mesquite charcoal all the time and it would pop and shoot embers out onto the patio. I can't tell you how many times I stepped barefoot onto a hot ember or had one fall between my toes. OUCH! Guess I'll never be a fire walker.

      Oh, if you are starting your charcoal in a chimney, don't lift it up and carry it while wearing sandals. The embers drop straight out the bottom and onto your feet. Guess how I know that?

      From reading the posts I guess I'm the only one who doesn't wear welding gloves when DO cook. Of course I don't wear welding gloves when I weld either so I guess it's fair. I own three welders (inherited two of them, but use them all) and don't own a pair of welding gloves.

      Take care,
      Joanne
      <<

      In rereading my post it sounds like I still cook in my sandals. I have to say that I've learned my lesson and now wear shoes when I DO cook. Sometimes I forget and have to run back inside and put on a pair of closed toe shoes. I would never suggest that anyone cook without the appropriate footwear!

      Joanne
    • BISCUIT
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2004
        SAFETY SAFETY SAFETY

        If yo wear sandals and yo gets a hot coal between the shoe and
        foot.......one begins to do THE BISCUIT HOOP. OUCH!!!!!!

        Yo shake shake shake .......until yo shoe flies off.

        Be safe!