RE: [DUTCH OVEN COOKING] Re: River Rocks

  • Lynn LeSueur
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 30 9:35 PM
      Ronda

      It's so dry here in AZ that those Kansas River Rocks would shrivel up to be
      about a half inch round. :) That's why we add the Water to try and make
      them Expand.

      Lynn in AZ

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 1, 2004
        Dr. Pepper Cherry Marshmallow Cake

        2 cans dark sweet cherries, pitted, drained, reserving
        syrup

        Jello Mixture:
        3/4 cup reserved cherry syrup
        1/4 cup Dr. Pepper
        1 3 ounce package Cherry Jello
        1/8 teaspoon almond extract

        Batter Mixture:
        1 package yellow cake mix
        1 3 ounce package Cherry Jello
        1/2 cup vegetable oil
        3/4 cup Dr. Pepper
        4 eggs
        2 cups minature marshmallows

        Arrange cherries evenly on bottom of a greased 9 x 13
        pan or 12 inch Dutch oven. If cooking in house oven,
        preheat oven to 350F. In a small saucepan or 8 inch
        Dutch oven, combine the cherry syrup, 1 package of
        cherry jello and 1/4 cup Dr. Pepper; gently heat until
        jello is dissolved. Add almond extract and cool
        slightly. In a large mixing bowl, combine yellow cake
        mix, 1 package cherry jello, oil, eggs and 3/4 cup Dr.
        Pepper. Beat on high for 3 to 4 minutes. Pour cooled
        jello mixture over cherries in pan/12 inch Dutch oven.
        Sprinkle evenly with the minature marshmallows and
        then carefully and evenly spoon the batter mix over
        the marshmallows. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Cool on
        rack for 45 minutes. Chill 3 to 4 hours before
        serving.

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
      • John W
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 1, 2004
          The Arkansas River that runs through our part of the state, Wichita,
          Kansas has no Rocks, just sand. So I went looking for River Rocks. I
          found some in the Craft section at Wal Mart. Bought several bags not
          nowing how many it would take to line bottom of 14" DO. 3 bags-2 lb.
          each. When I opened the bags I looked at the tag,and too my suprise
          it said "Made in China" Now were importing River Rocks?????? johnw-
          ks
        • Rochelle Anderson
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 1, 2004
            will you be hungry again an hour after using them? Sorry...couldn't resist.

            Ro
            The Arkansas River that runs through our part of the state, Wichita,
            Kansas has no Rocks, just sand. So I went looking for River Rocks. I
            found some in the Craft section at Wal Mart. Bought several bags not
            nowing how many it would take to line bottom of 14" DO. 3 bags-2 lb.
            each. When I opened the bags I looked at the tag,and too my suprise
            it said "Made in China" Now were importing River Rocks?????? johnw-
            ks

            Then click on "Leave Group".

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          • John W
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 1, 2004
              --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Rochelle Anderson"
              <rochelle@o...> wrote:
              > will you be hungry again an hour after using them?
              Sorry...couldn't resist.

              > Ro

              Ro; I wouldn't know, I dont eat Chinese Food. But from what I
              understand I'll bet you would be? LOL johnw-ks