Cabela's Coming to Texas?

  • Karen
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 31, 2004
      Today's Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports that Cabela's is considering
      opening a store in north Fort Worth. If the plan goes through,
      construction will start in June with the store opening in May 2005.
      Woohoo! I'm keeping my fingers crossed, because the location they're
      considering is just minutes from my house!

      Karen
    • "BISCUIT"
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 31, 2004
        We are getting a Bass Pro in Mississippi as well. In Peral MS. east
        of Jackson. I55 I20 meet together. I have not seen any dirt move yet?

        --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Karen" <Karbil82@a...>
        wrote:
        > Today's Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports that Cabela's is
        considering
        > opening a store in north Fort Worth. If the plan goes through,
        > construction will start in June with the store opening in May
        2005.
        > Woohoo! I'm keeping my fingers crossed, because the location
        they're
        > considering is just minutes from my house!
        >
        > Karen
      • Ken Brown
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 31, 2004
          This is interesting. Last Thanksgiving, the Austin American-
          Statesman reported Cabella's opening a store in Buda, just south of
          Austin, with construction to begin in the summer 2004 and the store
          to open in the summer 2005. Cabella's reported that an estimated
          10,000 people a day would visit the store.
          Ken

          wrote:
          > Today's Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports that Cabela's is
          considering
          > opening a store in north Fort Worth. If the plan goes through,
          > construction will start in June with the store opening in May
          2005.
          > Woohoo! I'm keeping my fingers crossed, because the location
          they're
          > considering is just minutes from my house!
          >
          > Karen
        • Karen
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 31, 2004
            According to another article in today's Star-Telegram, Cabela's is
            gearing up for a public stock offering. Proceeds of the stock sale
            will help the company finance its expansion. Cabela's expects to
            have 12 locations by the end of next year (there are currently 9 with
            a 10th opening this year in Wheeling, WV). If the Fort Worth
            location is approved, their store will be only 16 miles from the Bass
            Pro Shop in Grapevine. Should make for some interesting competition!

            Karen

            --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Brown"