Re: Date and Location of National Dog

  • Ken Brown
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 24, 2004
      Date and Location of National Dog:

      We have a proposed date and location for the National DOG.

      September 10, 11, 12, 2004
      Yellow Rose Rodeo Arena
      Madisonville, Texas

      Madisonville is about halfway between Dallas and Houston, on I-45.
      This is a privately owned Rodeo Arena just outside Madisonville.
      There are 82 RV hookups with water and electricity and plenty of space
      for tent camping. The arena is a roofed arena. We have shade if it
      is hot and we are dry if it is raining.

      What we need to know is: Is this acceptable to people who are
      interested in the National Dog. We need to know how much interest
      people have in this event, and we need to know by April 1st. This is
      a private arena and they are willing to lease it to us for the three
      day weekend. We need know to commit or not commit ourselves.

      When we brought up this topic originally, I made the statement that we
      would need to find a private facility, because state parks just cannot
      handle large numbers of campers. Someone else must have agreed,
      because they found this site for us.
      Ken

      The plus side of this location:
      1. A covered arena that will host over 100 cooks
      2. An ajoining RV area with space for 80 RV's
      3. Plenty of room for tent camping
      4. A $5.00 use fee for the arena grounds to offset the arena deposit
      5. Located just off I-45 in Northeast Texas. Easy to get to.
      6. 10 miles from Madisonville, TX. They have several large
      Motel chains there for people who don't like to camp.

      The negative side of this location:
      1. The distance

      We need to know if there is interest generated and if people want to
      come before we reserve the site, and we need to reserve the site by
      the beginning of April. Let us know.
      Ken
    • Kathy Jacobs
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 24, 2004
        Ken,

        I thought we were going for Labor Day? That was the dates you announced
        before.. Moving it off Labor day makes it really hard for those of us who
        have to travel, as we need to take the extra day off of work..

        Kathryn Jacobs, Microsoft MVP PowerPoint
        Get PowerPoint answers at http://www.powerpointanswers.com
        Cook anything outdoors with http://www.outdoorcook.com
        Get OneNote answers at http://www.onenoteanswers.com

        I believe life is meant to be lived. But:
        if we live without making a difference, it makes no difference that we lived

        _____

        We have a proposed date and location for the National DOG.

        September 10, 11, 12, 2004
        Yellow Rose Rodeo Arena
        Madisonville, Texas

        {clippage}.

      • DutchOvenDave@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 24, 2004
          The message sent on 3-3-04 from Savage99_250@... said Sept. 3,4,5.
          Which is the real date?

          Dave

        • tacker992003
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 25, 2004
            Ken, At this time, that would be perfect for me. The only thing that
            may get in the way is work (budget time). I'm from OKC Okla. area
            and will plan on attending.

            Keith
            --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Brown"

          • SageLists@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 25, 2004
              In a message dated 3/24/04 3:49:15 PM, dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com
              writes:
              > Re: Date and Location of National Dog

              I'm puttin' it in my datebook, and will try like heck to be there :)

              Hugs, Sage~~
              ~~parked at the Escapees North Ranch Park, near Wickenburg, AZ
              ~~many thanks to those of you who snip all the non-germane stuff from your
              replies!

            • "BISCUIT"
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 1 4:12 AM
                Contact Gale Merriwether