Super Bowl Dog

  • Mark & Kathy
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2004
      Keith,What, you mean to tell me you not ever ate no boudan before,
      Mah sha wats a matter wif you, you don' know what dood eating is???
      Oh mah dat Boudan is so good it'll make you wanna slap yo granma.

      Well I'm doing a Jambalaya in a 12 qt Maca pot (13"). Everything is
      all choped up and I'll start cooking in about an hour.I got two lbs
      of peeled shrimp to go in it. 2 lbs of sausage, 3 lbs of choped up
      chicken breast, a whole stalk of celery, 2 green peppers,two onions,
      2 heads of garlic and about a half lb. of seasonings, rice and other
      stuff. Hope that is enough. If not we have a KFC just 16 miles down
      the road.

      Mark "Da Fork"
    • tacker992003
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2004
        Us Okies eat our okra fried, corn fried, beans with chili, egg noodle
        dumplings with our chicken, cabbage with hot peppers, and brown beans
        with ham hock and sliced onion - but we missed one of the great
        dishes of all time - boudan.

        I'm sorry to say, that I didn't do it justice. I put it in at the
        same time as the short ribs, and cooked it too long. I should have
        waited until about 45 min. before the ribs were done. Other that
        that, everything was good - even if I did have to do it in the garage
        because of the rain.

        Keith
        --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Mark & Kathy" <katmar@t...>