Re: [DUTCH OVEN COOKING] Jam(B)alaya

  • Ruth Di
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 31, 2004
      I think that is what I have. But you know, different people have different
      passions, and gorgeous cookware is mine. I have enough cast iron and
      LaCrueset ware to last through the millenim. And when we moved here, we
      left a nine room home for a tiny three room, so no place to put anything. I
      just look, and drool, and wish. And at my age, weight is a problem - and
      you can take that any way you want - and be right. Ruth
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 2, 2004
        Connie - I believe most DO cooks would tell you to use the oven in
        exactly the same manner as a regular 12" oven. I, however, usually
        add a couple of extra coals on the top of my 12" deep. For me, it
        seems to cook closer to that of a regular oven with the extra coals.

        I'm sure you will hear both sides of this though. Maybe someone can
        convince me I'm wrong. <grin>

        Carlyle