Dutch Oven Rendezvous

  • ceedub007
    Message 1 of 3003 , May 21, 2001
      This past Saturday, Ace Hardware in Pocatello,
      Idaho hosted their Eleventh Annual Dutch Oven
      Rendezvous. Penny and I were there for the fourth time. A
      total of six DO cooks showed up to demonstrate DO
      cooking including the president and VP of IDOS. I'm not
      sure how many folks showed up to sample all the grub
      but we're guessing it was 500-600 plus. Penny and I
      cooked Basque Cobblers, baking powder biscuits, chicken
      wings, and piazza. Other than a little extra So. Idaho
      wind it was a great day. While there I met a fellow
      who just started DO cookin' after attending last
      year. He's now thinking of starting a new DO
      organization called "DOA"! That stands for Dutch Ovens
      Anonymous for obsessive/compulsive types who are addicted
      to buying Dutch ovens and cooking with them at every
      opportunity! Of course he said this tongue in cheek. Since
      attending the Rendezvous last year he's purchased seven
      different ovens and cooks with them every chance he gets.
    • mississippi_biscuit
      Message 3003 of 3003 , Feb 7, 2011