Re: [DUTCH OVEN COOKING] Re: National D.O.G? 2004?

  • CKnie23100@aol.com
    Message 1 of 23 , Jan 1, 2004
      Hi Jeff,

      It might be cold here but aren't you guys the ones shoveling out from under
      TONS of snow?? LOL
      I am glad your daughter liked it here. I have lived here my whole life and am
      now raising my children here.

      I hope I can make it to the proposed National DOG.

      Happy New Year to all. I spent the night with two 6 yr old girls doing
      science experiments and making indoor smores. My boys were at a church lock in and a
      friend's house.

      Now today I will be cooking something in my new oil pans after getting all of
      my black pots out and figuring out where I can keep them in the house.

      connie

    • Jeff Currier
      Message 2 of 23 , Jan 1, 2004
        Connie:

        My daughter is in Utah and she is being buried in snow. We are up here in Alaska now, and it is just cold up here. it was 16 to 24 degrees today. But when the wind comes in off the ocean, it gets cold. JeffC

        PS: Hope you had a Great New Years.

        CKnie23100@... wrote:
        Hi Jeff,

        It might be cold here but aren't you guys the ones shoveling out from under
        TONS of snow?? LOL
        I am glad your daughter liked it here. I have lived here my whole life and am
        now raising my children here.

        I hope I can make it to the proposed National DOG.

        Happy New Year to all. I spent the night with two 6 yr old girls doing
        science experiments and making indoor smores. My boys were at a church lock in and a
        friend's house.

        Now today I will be cooking something in my new oil pans after getting all of
        my black pots out and figuring out where I can keep them in the house.

        connie

        Then click on "Leave Group".

      • Biscuit
        Message 3 of 23 , May 4 5:37 AM
          Ruth,
          This was a post I made in 2003 on the group. The next post was later
          in 2003. I was just throwing an idea around and it took off like a
          Rocket. Kathy Mataha had a sound about a Rocket. Country singer?

          Well, Sam Miller and the late Gayle Merriweather took on the first
          DOG in Texas.

          It is a way to meet folks on our group and kindel new friendships.

          Where are you located?

          2010 will be back in Farmerville, LA and looking at 2011 in New York.

          Biscuit

          --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "\"BISCUIT\"" <n5hbb@...>
          wrote:

          > Thnaks for the reminder Dave. That is an International Gathering.
          > We were tring to get something up for our Yahoo Dutch Oven Cooking
          > Group.
          >
          > I am a memeber of another cooking club. We had a group meeting at
          one
          > of our members house. It was a weekend event. I made some very nice
          > new cooking friends on this outing.
          >
          > We had the come from CA., AR., MS., and N.H. as well. Hearing
          > everyone talk was fun. We had it in the south, so the lady fro N.H.
          > had to speak slowwwwly for us. HI!
          >
          > Biscuit
          >

          > --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, DutchOvenDave@a... wrote:
          > > Let us not forget that the IDOS has their Spring Convention in
          > Farmington,
          > > Utah on March 20, 2004.
          > > Dave

          >Re: National D.O.G? 2004?

          Maybe we could have a yearly DOG. Have it west, east, north and
          south. Rotate it around.

          I would love to check out one of those, beach dogs in southern CA.

          Brenda, Do they wear speedos when cooking?

          Tue Dec 30, 2003 7:04 pm

          Show Message Info
          ----------

          #12261 of 47313
          Msg List <Prev | Next>
          Use Fixed Width Font
          Unwrap Lines

          ----------

          "\"BISCUIT\"" <n5hbb@...

        • Keith Hansen
          Message 4 of 23 , May 4 6:39 AM
            Biscuit, when I read your speedo comment, I said out loud, "Oh, thanks
            for that visual!" Then I really laughed when I saw in the original
            thread that Mark wrote essentially the same thing -

            Too funny :0

            Keith

            --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Biscuit" <n5hbb@...> wrote:

            <snip> Brenda, Do they wear speedos when cooking?
          • Ruth
            Message 5 of 23 , May 4 6:19 PM
              Biscuit,
              I am from NY - way up North. I will start practicing talking slowly
              for y'all. I would love to see the National Dog come to NY. I'm afraid
              you would want someone with more experience than I to set it up
              though. BTW I was checking out some of those older post about the
              speedos. Someone mentioned someone would be in his speedo with boots
              and cowboy hat. Well if you'd give him a guitar and put him in Time
              Square, NY City He could probably make a lot of money - The Naked
              Cowboy does it ;)
              Ruth