Adjusting for altitude

  • rightclik
    Message 1 of 3003 , Mar 31 2:21 PM
      I basically cook the same regardless of altitude.
      I have cooked at altitudes of 6000+ many times with
      no problem except once. At about 8000 feet one time
      my Marie Callendar's cornbread didn't work (however,
      the same mix has worked before at altitude). Cake
      mixes for cobbler have always come out
      OK.<br><br>What's the prevailing wisdom on Dutch ovens and
      altitude?
    • mississippi_biscuit
      Message 3003 of 3003 , Feb 7, 2011