[DUTCH OVEN COOKING] Re: 5 inch pots

  • Brenda Wildish
    Message 1 of 43 , Dec 1, 2003
      Kristen~

      My heart does out to you. Bless your heart, I hope you find that
      pot! I will keep an eye open for one out this way. I did find one
      a few months ago, but it has already gone to a new home to someone
      here on the forum.

      Good luck~

      Brenda

      --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Kristin"

      Message 43 of 43 , Dec 4, 2003
        Toasted Teriyaki Chicken Quesadillas
        with Mango-Red Pepper Salsa

        Yield: 4 main dish or 8 appetizer servings

        4 cups coarsely chopped cooked chicken breast
        1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon Kikkoman Teriyaki
        Marinade & Sauce, divided use
        3/4 cup loosely packed chopped cilantro leaves,
        divided use
        4 10-inch soft flour tortillas
        6 ounces Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
        1 tablespoon vegetable oil

        Mango and Red Pepper Salsa
        2 cups chopped fresh mango
        1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
        2 tablespoons fresh lime juice

        1/2 cup sour cream (regular or light)

        Place chicken in a large bowl; add 1/3 cup Kikkoman
        Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce and 1/2 cup cilantro; toss
        to mix. Set aside.

        Preheat Dutch oven to 400�F. Place tortillas on a flat
        surface. Divide chicken mixture evenly over one half
        of each tortilla. Distribute cheese evenly over
        chicken. Fold top over the filled half. Place on
        parchment paper & lay quesadillas in bottom of oven
        and brush tops with oil. Toast in preheated oven for 9
        to 12 minutes or until golden. If necessary, rotate
        about half-way through baking time for even browning.

        Meanwhile, combine mango, red bell pepper, lime juice
        and remaining 1 tablespoon Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade
        & Sauce and remaining cilantro. Mix to combine. Set
        aside.

        To serve, cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges. Serve
        with sour cream and Mango and Red Pepper Salsa.

        Original recipe submitted by Bonnie Aeschliman, owner
        of "Cooking at Bonnie's Place" in Wichita, KS, Grand
        Prize Winner of the "Teriyaki Today...Hawaii Tomorrow"
        Cooking School Recipe Contest. (Modified for Dutch
        Oven).