Re: Question

  • Brenda Wildish
    Message 1 of 24 , Nov 2, 2003
      John~

      I wish you great times with your new chapter. How wonderful.

      Brenda

      --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "John W"
      <dutchovencook99@y...> wrote:
      > Scott McKay from Sarcoxie,Mo and I (John N Willems, near
      Wichita.Ks)
      > picked a state campground that was between where both of us
      > live.Toronto Lake. We had 5 DOGs there before the last one was
      hosted
      > by some Great DO cookers from Independence,Ks. It was in the South
      > East part the State of Kansas. We had Kookers from 4 states there.
      We
    • andelburg@aol.com
      Message 2 of 24 , Nov 4, 2003
        Thanks everyone, for the good advice and suggestions on holding our first
        DOG. Sounds like it can be done pretty simply. I'll talk to the local Scouts
        and find some fellow enthusiasts. We're going to aim for Spring, so once I have
        a date I'll post it to the list, in case any of you would like to join us.

        -Andrea

      • mudypawsx4
        Message 3 of 24 , Jul 21, 2004
          Evening All,

          I'm wondering when you use the archive search does it search all the
          old post or just the current page? When I use it it seems only to
          search the current page. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for the info.

          Nancy ks
        • BISCUIT
          Message 4 of 24 , Jul 21, 2004
            Nancy, Our group here is 5 years olsd now. Early on it would search
            all the post.We have 19000 post now. Yahoo changed up a few years ago
            and now when you do a search, you have to keep hitting the previous
            page button.

            I think it only searches a certin number of post at a time.

            BUT! I have gone to the main home page. Down at the bottom is the
            years and months listed. You can click on a certin month ans look
            that way.

            If you want to see the very first post at the birth of this group?
            Go to the first month by clicking on it.

            Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
            2004 1500 1180 1091 1048 1127 630
            554

            2003 352 278 245 273 375 473 985 717 671
            675 588 1037

            2002 231 147 162 264 112 197 494 366 248
            260 389 249

            2001 95 57 113 108 81 76 80 221 212
            251 144 202

            2000 5 55 51 34 75 40 30 125 65 165
            149 81

            --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "mudypawsx4"
            <mudypawsx4@y...> wrote:
            > Evening All,
            >
            > I'm wondering when you use the archive search does it search all
            the
            > old post or just the current page? When I use it it seems only to
            > search the current page. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for the
            info.

            > Nancy ks
          • mudypawsx4
            Message 5 of 24 , Jul 22, 2004
              Thanks Biscuit, I thought it was just me again. LOL Nancy Ks

              --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "BISCUIT" <n5hbb@y...>
              wrote:
              > Nancy, Our group here is 5 years olsd now. Early on it would
              search
              > all the post.We have 19000 post now. Yahoo changed up a few years
              ago
              > and now when you do a search, you have to keep hitting the
              previous
              > page button.
              >
              > I think it only searches a certin number of post at a time.
              >
              > BUT! I have gone to the main home page. Down at the bottom is the
              > years and months listed. You can click on a certin month ans look
              > that way.
              >
              > If you want to see the very first post at the birth of this group?
              > Go to the first month by clicking on it.
              >

              > Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
              > 2004 1500 1180 1091 1048 1127 630
              > 554
              >
              > 2003 352 278 245 273 375 473 985 717
              671
              > 675 588 1037
              >
              > 2002 231 147 162 264 112 197 494 366
              248
              > 260 389 249
              >
              > 2001 95 57 113 108 81 76 80 221 212
              > 251 144 202
              >
              > 2000 5 55 51 34 75 40 30 125 65
              165
              > 149 81
              >

              > --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "mudypawsx4"
              > <mudypawsx4@y...> wrote:
              > > Evening All,
              > >
              > > I'm wondering when you use the archive search does it search all
              > the
              > > old post or just the current page? When I use it it seems only
              > > search the current page. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for the
              > info.
              > >
              > > Nancy ks
            • Cheryl
              Message 6 of 24 , Jul 22, 2004
                On other groups that I've done searchs of the archives - it appears to search within the current month. I think there is a way to get it to search older messages, but I've not had time to figure it out.

                mudypawsx4 <mudypawsx4@...> wrote:Evening All,

                I'm wondering when you use the archive search does it search all the
                old post or just the current page? When I use it it seems only to
                search the current page. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for the info.

                Nancy ks

                Then click on "Leave Group".

                Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

              • Ken Brown
                Message 7 of 24 , Jul 22, 2004
                  Nancy,
                  It will search back through a few hundred messages, and give you a
                  reply of what was found, or that nothing was found. Then it will give
                  you a prompt, such as: "search again", or "next"

                  Just keep clicking "next" as far back as you want to go.

                  To check on the messages for a certain month, just click on the that
                  month at the bottom of the home page. It shows months and the number
                  of messages each month.

                  Ken

                  <mudypawsx4@y...> wrote:
                  > Evening All,
                  >
                  > I'm wondering when you use the archive search does it search all the
                  > old post or just the current page? When I use it it seems only to
                  > search the current page. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for the info.
                  >
                  > Nancy ks
                • Steve or Reverand Steve :-)
                  Message 8 of 24 , Aug 7, 2004
                    Since I wasnt on here for a long time this question may have already
                    been answered. I was at the Lodge site and cannot find the 7 hold
                    biscuit pan. Has Lodge discontinued it?? Thanks Steve
                  • samandheidi@wildblue.net
                    Message 9 of 24 , Apr 18, 2009
                      My phone line connection sucked, so I went to Dish... I have wildblue,
                      Mid grade package is $65.00 a month, and so worth it...........
                      Hyd

                      Message 10 of 24 , Apr 18, 2009
                        It might be worth it to you. But I have free high speed at work, so at night, at home, I don't need it. If I had kids in school that needed, then maybe. but I don't. I'm cheap. Ain't gonna spend the money if I don't need it. And mine wouldn't be deductible as a business expenseeee. If it was that would be a different story also. Ronda

                        --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "samandheidi@..." <samandheidi@...> wrote:

                        > My phone line connection sucked, so I went to Dish... I have wildblue,
                        > Mid grade package is $65.00 a month, and so worth it...........
                        > Hyd

                      • Douglas Rudisill
                        Message 11 of 24 , Feb 11, 2011
                          My Dutch Oven tabe is a home-made one I built out of 3/16 plate steel and 1" angle mitered around it and then 16ga carbon windscreen on three sides. It sit 28 inches high and will hold up to three DO's. I have always felt that the steel did a good job radiating heat giving increased efficiency from the coals.
                          Doug

                          Message 12 of 24 , Feb 13, 2011
                            Randy,
                             When baking you do not want direct heat to the bottom of your pot,otherwise you will burn the bottom of whatever you are baking. Placing the coals on the ed gives the heat a chance to spread across the bottom and up the sides........

                            Message 13 of 24 , Feb 13, 2011
                              By placing the coals in a circle underneath and on top it creates a radiant
                              heat that spreads across the bottom and top and up and down the sides
                              without creating Hot Spots.

                              Dave

                              (mailto:dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com) , Alice Clapper <QuiltingHaven@...>