Question for the Houston TX area

  • Gregory Gibson
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 2, 2003
      Hello all,

      The time has come for me to finally(!) purchase me first DO. Actually, my wife is purchasing it for my Birthday
      present. We're planning on going camping this coming weekend and went to buy a Lodge Logic camping DO and now can't
      find one.

      Question:

      Does anyone know of a place that sells Lodge Logic in the Houston area. Don't care what size or how far to drive as
      long as it's Logic and somewhere around Houston. Already tried Academy and the manager said they don't stock the Logic
      DO.

      Thanks for your time!

      Gregory in Houston

      .
    • Bobbie Bard
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 2, 2003
        Gregory, try Bass Pro at Katy Mills. They have a good selection.
        Also, Cracker Barrel Restaurants have a good selection of cast iron
        also. Both places have Lodge Logic. At least that's what they told
        me when I called. Hope you find what you need. Bobbie

        --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Gregory Gibson"
        <gregory@g...> wrote:
        > Hello all,
        >
        > The time has come for me to finally(!) purchase me first DO.
        Actually, my wife is purchasing it for my Birthday
        > present. We're planning on going camping this coming weekend and
        went to buy a Lodge Logic camping DO and now can't
        > find one.
        >
        > Question:
        >
        > Does anyone know of a place that sells Lodge Logic in the Houston
        area. Don't care what size or how far to drive as
        > long as it's Logic and somewhere around Houston. Already tried
        Academy and the manager said they don't stock the Logic
        > DO.
        >
        > Thanks for your time!
        >
        > Gregory in Houston

        > .
      • Ken Brown
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 2, 2003
          Well, Congradulations, Greg.
          I knew it was just a matter of time. If Bass Pro does not have the
          logic do's, talk to some of the Saltgrass people. Gale or Duane
          should know. Or you can try the 2jerrys.

          There is a link on the site for Heinsohn's Country Store, out of
          Columbus, but when I was there at the beginning of summer, they did
          not have any Logic in stock.

          You could als email the customer service people at Lodge. They should
          be able to tell you who stocks Logic in Houston. They have been
          prompt in returning my emails.

          Ken

          <gregory@g...> wrote:
          > Hello all,
          >
          > The time has come for me to finally(!) purchase me first DO.
          Actually, my wife is purchasing it for my Birthday
          > present. We're planning on going camping this coming weekend and
          went to buy a Lodge Logic camping DO and now can't
          > find one.
          >
          > Question:
          >
          > Does anyone know of a place that sells Lodge Logic in the Houston
          area. Don't care what size or how far to drive as
          > long as it's Logic and somewhere around Houston. Already tried
          Academy and the manager said they don't stock the Logic
          > DO.
          >
          > Thanks for your time!
          >
          > Gregory in Houston

          > .
        • don ortego
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 3, 2003
            Gregory,

            In the Katy Mills Mall , there is a store just down
            from the Pro Bass outlet store. I think it is called
            Kitchen Collection. Go through the Pro Bass Store
            ( this can take a while ), once through Pro Bass,
            enter onto the mall, turn right. It is a few stores
            down. You can't miss it, it is full of cooking
            accessories.
            Towards the back they have a good collecion of the
            Lodge Logic. (Pro Bass has mostly the unseasoned Lodge
            )I go through there and look at it every time I go to
            Katy Mills.
            Hope you find what you are looking for.

            Don
            --- Bobbie Bard <bjb36us@...> wrote:
            > Gregory, try Bass Pro at Katy Mills. They have a
            > good selection.
            > Also, Cracker Barrel Restaurants have a good
            > selection of cast iron
            > also. Both places have Lodge Logic. At least that's
            > what they told
            > me when I called. Hope you find what you need.
            > Bobbie
            >

            > --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, "Gregory
            > Gibson"
            > <gregory@g...> wrote:
            > > Hello all,
            > >
            > > The time has come for me to finally(!) purchase me
            > first DO.
            > Actually, my wife is purchasing it for my Birthday
            > > present. We're planning on going camping this
            > coming weekend and
            > went to buy a Lodge Logic camping DO and now can't
            > > find one.
            > >
            > > Question:
            > >
            > > Does anyone know of a place that sells Lodge Logic
            > in the Houston
            > area. Don't care what size or how far to drive as
            > > long as it's Logic and somewhere around Houston.
            > Already tried
            > Academy and the manager said they don't stock the
            > Logic
            > > DO.
            > >
            > > Thanks for your time!
            > >
            > > Gregory in Houston

            > > .

          • d77hvfd
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 3, 2003
              Hi Greg, The last time I was in Bed, Bath, and Beyond in Humble they
              had a fair selection of Lodge Logic. Also, Mott's Hardware in
              Spurger has a few pieces of Logic.

              Jerry T
              LSDOS

              --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, don ortego <donortego@y...>

            • Ken Brown
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 3, 2003
                Morning, Greg.
                I told you they would know. I have been to both the stores mentioned
                in their Austin and San Marcos area locations and both have a nice
                line of logic. Unfortunately for me, those stores did not have the
                camp ovens in stock. They did have a good selection of skillets,
                griddles, and inside ovens.

                There was a sporting goods store in Houston called Carter Country.
                Are they still open and have you checked with them?

                BTW: If we could have gotten you up to Kerrville to the Roundup last
                weekend, we could have solved the problem. They have a store with a
                large selection of Lodge products.
                Ken

                --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, d77hvfd <no_reply@y...>

              • awcreative@aol.com
                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 3, 2003
                  In a message dated 11/3/03 8:30:08 AM Central Standard Time,
                  savage99_250@... writes:

                  > If we could have gotten you up to Kerrville to the Roundup last
                  > weekend, we could have solved the problem. They have a store with a
                  > large selection of Lodge products.
                  > Ken

                  Hey Ken,

                  What is the name of the store. We are going to be in Ingram this next
                  weekend and we are looking for some shopping places.

                  Thanks,

                  Al
                  Member LSDOS

                • outback442003
                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 3, 2003
                    The store you are looking for is Gibsons . The Hill country
                    Chapter of LSDOS will be having are chapter DOG next weekend at the
                    Ingram city park starting at 10 am ( we will set up well before
                    then ) Please stop by and give us a visit and have some good
                    vittels
                    Rich & Rose
                    The Outback cookers--- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com,
                    awcreative@a... wrote:
                    > In a message dated 11/3/03 8:30:08 AM Central Standard Time,
                    > savage99_250@y... writes:
                    >
                    > > If we could have gotten you up to Kerrville to the Roundup last
                    > > weekend, we could have solved the problem. They have a store with
                    > > large selection of Lodge products.
                    > > Ken
                    > >

                    > Hey Ken,
                    >
                    > What is the name of the store. We are going to be in Ingram this
                    next
                    > weekend and we are looking for some shopping places.
                    >
                    > Thanks,
                    >
                    > Al
                    > Member LSDOS

                  • outback442003
                    Message 9 of 12 , Nov 3, 2003
                      --- In dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com, awcreative@a... wrote:
                      > In a message dated 11/3/03 8:30:08 AM Central Standard Time,
                      > savage99_250@y... writes:
                      >
                      > > If we could have gotten you up to Kerrville to the Roundup last
                      > > weekend, we could have solved the problem. They have a store with
                      > > large selection of Lodge products.
                      > > Ken
                      > >

                      > Hey Ken,
                      >
                      > What is the name of the store. We are going to be in Ingram this
                      next
                      > weekend and we are looking for some shopping places.
                      >
                      > Thanks,
                      >
                      > Al
                      > Member LSDOS

                    • Ken Brown
                      Message 10 of 12 , Nov 3, 2003
                        Hi, Al.
                        Rich answered before I got back on the computer. Gibson's is on the
                        highway to Ingram. It is just west of the downtown Kerrville area.
                        They have a lot of Lodge and the prices are reasonable.

                        Rich and Rose and all the Hill Country people have a nice covered
                        pavillion in the Ingram City Park. The park is in the middle of
                        Ingram, on the south side of the highway.

                        Fredericksburg is a few miles north of Kerrville. The downtown area
                        there is several blocks of older buildings with antiques, arts and
                        crafts, etc. There is one store that specializes in spices and mixes,
                        jellys, sauces and salsas. There is one store that was an old five
                        and dime. The owners have tried to keep the displays as original as
                        possible, but the prices are current era.

                        Bourne is about 35 miles southeast of Kerrville, on I-10. Their
                        downtown area is similar, but it is longer and the buildings are
                        different. Some of them have (or had) small courtyards and others are
                        set back further from the street.

                        Have fun next weekent.
                        Ken

                      • awcreative@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 12 , Nov 3, 2003
                          We are going to be camping at the Bluff Trails Ranch RV Park and we will stop
                          by on Saturday.

                          Al & Ouida Wilkie
                          Members - LSDOS

                        • awcreative@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 12 , Nov 3, 2003
                            Hey Ken,

                            I have in the past ridden my bike around that area. Comfort and Camp Verde
                            are some other places to visit and see. If you have not ever taken the Willow
                            City Loop around the Easter Holiday, you need to do that. The Bluebonnets
                            are breath taking at that time of year.

                            We are going to get by the DOG on Saturday to say hello to the group.

                            See ya,

                            Al & Ouida Wilkie
                            Members - LSDOS