      From: Jeff Currier
      To: dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, September 01, 2003 3:11 PM
      Subject: Re: [DUTCH OVEN COOKING] Church DOG

      Thanks for this recipe. I was just talking with a lady in the checkout line last night about Sheppards Pie. She was buying the ingred. to make it for dinner. JeffC

      Betty Burk <bburk@...> wrote:
      Shepherds Pie

      Cook 1 lb. bacon cut into 1 inch slices. Drain grease. Add 1-2 lbs ground
      beef and cook.
      While hamburger is cooking, prepare enough instant mashed potatoes (or real
      if you have the time/energy).
      When burger is completely cooked. Add 2 cans corn (drained) and 2 cans green
      beans (drained).
      Then add thick layer of mashed potatoes.
      Cover with 10 coals on lid & lower heat on bottom so meat does not burn.
      Let oven cook for 10 minutes, then top potatoes with grated cheese & cover
      until cheese melts!
      Season to taste with salt/pepper!

      Enjoy!