  • Frank A. Merola
    Sep 1, 2003
      Sounds like fun. I have some recipes now that I will need to try out. Currently the things I will need will be a long tool and the medium tool. I already have a short tool and use it both indoors and outdoors. Wished I had a long tool because fires get pretty hot for using a short tool and you have to be pretty fast to get your oven out of the fire. Especially if it is 14" and full. I haven't received any feed back from any members of the church yet.
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Barbara Wilkins
      To: dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, September 01, 2003 12:36 PM
      Subject: Re: [DUTCH OVEN COOKING] Church DOG

      Frank, we do a thing we call Blueberry Heaven where we
      take a can of blueberry pie filling and dump in bottom
      of 12" oven, mix up a spice cake mix that we then
      spread over the blueberries, then take another can of
      blueberry pie filling and pour over top of cake mix,
      then bake till cake is done.............very yummy!