      From: Rick [mailto:rick.clements2@...]
      Sent: Monday, June 30, 2003 9:29 PM
      To: dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [DUTCH OVEN COOKING] Re: New to all of this

      CathiBrown@... wrote:

      > seem to be having trouble with my chimney. I put the coals in it,
      > light the
      > newspaper on the bottom and then wonder how I'm going to get to the
      > red hot
      > coals on the bottom without having to empty the top. Seems the top
      > coals hardly
      > get started when the ones on the bottom are about done and falling
      > through!
      > I'm certainly doing something wrong! Now, my husband, he just layers
      > them in
      > the grill in a nice even layer, douses them with about a gallon (not
      > really) of
      > lighter fluid and watches the flames rise above our heads! Using a
      > chimney,
      > you shouldn't have to use any fluid, right?

      I'm a beginner at DO, so I haven't posted, but I have used a chimney a
      bit. I often put a couple pieces of kindling vertically in with the
      charcoal. The fire travels up the sticks.

      Rick Clements

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=244522.3512152.4794593.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17077442
      24:HM/A=1595054/R=0/SIG=124f8kfa7/*http://ashnin.com/clk/muryutaitakenattogy