70515RE: High Altitude cooking(70501

  • debbieredbear
    Mar 15, 2014
      magnusfide asked:

      "What are some of the high altitude tips?" Magnus

      First it explained why cooking at high altitudes is different then at sea level. Than it says to keep flour tightly capped so it doesn't dry out. There are charts to show how to increase ingredients and temps for baking,candy making, boiling and pressure cooking. Recipes are given with charts to change from sea level to 10,000 ft in 2500 ft increments. I am sure this is available online, however, I am not usually online when I am camping!

      (and now I am going to say I despise how yahoo "fixed" the grouips because I can't see threads and I can't post from the web. GRRRRR!)
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic