70511Re: [dutchovencooking] Taco Casserole Recipe

  • Dennis Gabler
    Mar 15, 2014
      I probably do more baking than cooking over campfire coals because the cleanup is easier :-)

      I use a metal oil drain pan that you can get at any auto parts store. I place a ring of hot embers around the outside edge and set the DO in the center. Then I put some embers around the lip of the lid and you're good to go.

      Regards,
      Dennis

      On 3/15/2014 11:06 AM, rlb_51@... wrote:
      Kim - I like to cook over coals / open fire too, but haven't done so very often.  And it's always been something easy, like beans or chili or gumbo.  I would like to learn to bake using campfire coals also but haven't been brave enough to try it.  I think Becky, who lives in Missouri does some real campfire cooking.  Maybe she'll share some tips with us.  Ronda

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic