67677Re: Cold Coals and The L:egend of Biscuit Sims

    Dec 3, 2012
      MISSISSIPPI SWAMP CAKE

      12 inch Dutch Oven

      1 21 ounce can cherry pie filling
      1 box chocolate cake mix
      1 12 ounce can "Dr.Pepper"
      2 cups coconut
      1 cup chopped pecans
      1 stick margarine or butter
      cooking spray
      aluminum foil

      Line Dutch oven with aluminum foil. Spray foil with a light coat of cooking
      spray. Put in cherry pie filling and spread over bottom. Pour dry cake mix in
      and spread. Pour "Dr. Pepper" over top of cake mix and use a spoon to mix in
      soda. Stir enough to moisten cake mix. Cover top with coconut and then pecans.
      Arrange over cake 5 small slices of butter or margarine.

      Cover and cook for about one hour. Put 17 coals on top and 8
      on bottom. This will make oven 350 degrees.

      NOTE: I would use ring method, one ring of coals around bottom edge and a ring of coals around top. Maybe two or three in the middle on top as well.