      From: Chris <cjsredfish@...>
      To: dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, November 1, 2012 5:46 AM
      Subject: Re: [dutchovencooking] Dutch Oven Tags

      Or if your too cheap like me keep your eye out for scrap sheets of stainless steel. Where? I'm curently using the housing salvaged from a neighbor's dead toaster oven. Cut to any shape/size with tin snips. Drill hole but hold it with pliers cause if it grabs as it breaks thru it can cut you as it spins. Place on soft wood board and use letter set (<$5 at Harbor Freight) to stamp whatever. They always curl but they're easily reflattened with a scrap 2X4 and a wack of the hammer. I never thought of the idea to use a hog ring but love it, especially the price.

      Feels like I've made them for half the troops in the council. I make extras and hand them out at our cooking contests so every troop goes home with the right pot lid. The boys can always use a flat blade screwdriver to create the letters if needed.