61718RE: [dutchovencooking] The Foil Debate?

  • Brent Bolton
    Jun 1, 2011
      Agreed Greg......not to mention what acidic foods (tomato bases for example) do to strip a well seasoned oven. This doesn't seem to be near as much a problem with the new flax oil method, but still an issue. Thanks for bringing that out.

      To: dutchovencooking@yahoogroups.com
      From: gkjacobs2001@...
      Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 03:57:29 -0700
      Subject: Re: [dutchovencooking] The Foil Debate?

      I think some of the debate was misunderstood!! Use of foil is not instead of getting the oven seasoned, but to help keep it seasoned properly.
      Also when a liner is used when making stuffed jalapeno peppers, that same oven can be used to make a fruit cobbler and not worry about ending up with a capsaicin cobbler!! Many oils are good for seasoning cast iron, but capsaicin oil is not one of them!!